Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Would be nice if we could have a forward with an actual goal threat available to test them.

Celtic's defence has been a weak point for a while, it's just their midfield is so strong you're normally not up the park enough to benefit.

Given how we play right now I think we've every chance of grabbing a goal. Will it be enough...who knows.

I still think we'll get something from the coming double-header... who knows why for that either.

14 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Celtic's defence has been a weak point for a while, it's just their midfield is so strong you're normally not up the park enough to benefit.

Given how we play right now I think we've every chance of grabbing a goal. Will it be enough...who knows.

I still think we'll get something from the coming double-header... who knows why for that either.

Aye, as they proved again against Livi today, their midfield pick up a lot of the slack where their defence is found wanting, and they can be quick and deadly on the counter. 

Like you, I have a wee feeling that we can nick something this week or next but think that, although it's away from home, tomorrow is actually our better chance. Refrain from conceding early and get their fans tetchy and you just never know.

3 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Looks like Moult is injured for Dundee United. That will probably silence the critics who wanted to sign him as our main striker for a bit.

Any critics of that weren't worth listening to tbh.

I hope it's only a minor knack of whatever and he's back soon.

Performance wise that was pretty much what I expected from both sides, just disappointing to have again missed our chances and this time lost to a fluke.

However, despite playing well we're more likely than not staring at three defeats on the bounce so October better see some points on the board regardless of how they come.

Pleased to see Kettlewell sticking to the gameplan regardless of who we play. There was absolutely nothing between the teams and that late rally probably created more chances than Rangers had made in the previous 85 minutes. 

I thought Mugabi was (once again) fantastic today btw. 

We are playing some good stuff, and we still have Butcher and Biereth to come back, along with Soare and Gent to step in if SOD drops off. So hopefully we can keep picking up points without having to panic and compromise the way we play.

I'm reluctant to drop one of the 4 midfielders to accommodate a second striker, but we did seem to have more of a threat with Shaw alongside Bair, but that may have been more down to rangers shitting themselves.