Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Completely agree with him on this, tbh. For some reason, behaving like a moron doesn't count if you're in the air. Always minded of Boyata leading with him heid and absolutely leathering GMS into a state where he didn't know if it was Tuesday or August in the Betfred Cup final a few years ago. 

Had he been that clumsy on the ground, he'd have been off, in the air? Ach well, it's in the air, what else can you do!

Genuinely a horrible, horrible, horrible thing to watch. Boyata played on in that game as well after the physio took a wee look at him. 

I'm no a rugby fan by any stretch but we're lightyears behind them when it come to concussion/head injuries. The HIA protocol substitution really does seem to be the bare minimum we should have implemented by now. 

Assessments look as they consist of asking a player if he knows who he is and how many fingers are being held up.

In Butcher's interview he said he had nose broken at the Kilmarnock game and it was reset on the pitch. I'm glad I was far enough away that I couldn't see it. 🤮

Edited by Archie McSquackle
Wrong emoji.

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Interesting points from SK on head injuries today, and it makes sense. If a player isn't in control of a tackle on the ground, and hits someone with their follow through, there's a good chance of a card, but players just throw themselves at headers with no guarantee of getting the ball. This obviously comes from two of our guys taking serious knocks, but it will be interesting to see if this evolves any.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Completely agree with him on this, tbh. For some reason, behaving like a moron doesn't count if you're in the air. Always minded of Boyata leading with him heid and absolutely leathering GMS into a state where he didn't know if it was Tuesday or August in the Betfred Cup final a few years ago. 

Had he been that clumsy on the ground, he'd have been off, in the air? Ach well, it's in the air, what else can you do!

Been spouting about "late challenges with the head" for years, it's wild

7 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

For me, it was a sickening challenge on McGinn, and not just because he’s a Motherwell player.

Not enough has been made of it. 

I posted a video of it on the match thread, there was nothing "sickening" about it. He beats Mayo to the ball and follows through into him.

On 06/11/2023 at 12:34, craigkillie said:

The argument that has been made is that the approach to aerial challenges needs to change. If a player kicks the ball clear and follows through and makes contact with an opponent's challenging foot then you generally see a foul and often a booking. When the same thing happens with heads, which are obviously more dangerous to players, it's just seen as one of those things (as it was here).

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If we're pathetic again that XI makes it very hard to argue SK deserves more time.

Pretty much what I thought when I saw it. No width or outball via the two (good, attacking) full backs we have. 

We’re going to try and shitfest it aren’t we?

It won’t end well. 

Away for a couple of days and (thankfully) missing this. Just looked at the stats on BBC website and it has Hearts with 69% possession and beating us on every metric except fouls, obviously. With that starting lineup and things panning out exactly as most would have guessed with it, has Kettlewell phoned it in and accepted that his reign is coming to an end?. Or will my prediction in the match thread of Sir Thelonius' arse bail us out with a 2-1 win in the end? Seems a tad fanciful at the minute.