Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Obileye apparently at Fir Park signing a pre-contract apparently. Good luck with him, he's hopeless. I've never saw a footballer with such a lack of a weak foot, he'd rather turn inside and use his right and risk losing it on the edge of the box than just play out his left. 

Good in the air but lazy and very little concentration. We lost our first goal v County due to him standing still dreaming and lets Simon Murray run through uncontested. 

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

if that's true I'm delighted we're not touching it.

That is genuinely wild assuming the rumoured amounts the big man is on are even vaguely true.

Also, fair play to Groningen for getting someone to actually take that deal.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Obileye apparently at Fir Park signing a pre-contract apparently. Good luck with him, he's hopeless. I've never saw a footballer with such a lack of a weak foot, he'd rather turn inside and use his right and risk losing it on the edge of the box than just play out his left. 

Good in the air but lazy and very little concentration. We lost our first goal v County due to him standing still dreaming and lets Simon Murray run through uncontested. 

That's a weird one, we already have a couple of those.

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That is genuinely wild assuming the rumoured amounts the big man is on are even vaguely true.

The shitey fumes from Billy Bowie's tankers must have addled his brain if he's willing to spunk that level of cash.

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He'll do well here then. 

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

A defender who can't defend? Sounds like something we'd be into. 

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've always thought Obileye was very us- without that being a really good or a bad thing. Although thats maybe just a hangover from the era where we were signing loads of ex-Livi guys.

His big selling point was being very physical, but he's had a few injuries over the last few seasons and a half and he's even lost a part of that game. 

Right, I've somehow been talked into going to IKEA where mobile phone reception is sketchy at best, by the time I come out I want us to have announced a right back, left back and a proven goalscorer. Failing that, I'm eating my own body weight in hot dogs and ice cream. 

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Right, I've somehow been talked into going to IKEA where mobile phone reception is sketchy at best, by the time I come out I want us to have announced a right back, left back and a proven goalscorer. Failing that, I'm eating my own body weight in hot dogs and ice cream. 

If you don't come home with a sack full of cinnamon buns it's a trip wasted.

I mean, we know the rumoured wages Groningen were supposedly chucking at KVV in the summer so if it's correct that Killie are covering the guts of that plus performance related increases then us even going at half of that is probably more than I'd have expected tbqh.

It's also absolutely no surprise we walked away.

That's all speculative but I take it if that is actually the case then we'd have stepped away very quickly rather than investing time and effort into it.

Edited by capt_oats