Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

KVV going to Killie shouldn’t impact us that much. In fact watch me put a positive spin on it. As we are likely to be done with Killie after Saturday he could very well damage the teams round about us when he faces them. Can easily see him try his wee temperamental huffy heart out against Livi, County and St J as he knows it’s for the greater good.

In all seriousness, as mentioned, the BIG takeaway here is we are being bodied by Killie, St Mirren and Dundee in the transfer market. That has major concerns for us going forward. If it’s not this season it currently looks odds on we are going down in the next three……and that’s being positive. 
Best we can hope for is one of these teams to buy very poorly and us to be smart and lucky. It’s not a game plan that’s working so far.

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

Do we not have young right backs already on our books? 

1 senior appearance and v Brechin isn’t leading me to think this is what we need. 

We just signed a right back. O'Donnell and McGinn can play right back. It is shambolic. Why did we sign Callan Elliot if we need another right back. Kettlewell is obsessed with full backs. I think we have signed 6 this season

Gent, Souare, Spencer, Callan, Montgomery, Devine

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

We just signed a right back. O'Donnell and McGinn can play right back. It is shambolic. Why did we sign Callan Elliot if we need another right back. Kettlewell is obsessed with full backs. I think we have signed 6 this season

Try and 0-0 ourselves to safety. 

7 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Just had a quick swatch on SO for the first time in a long time, as I kinda thought there might be some 'interesting' takes on tonight's dealings. My oh my. 

Some roaster called ppower even managing to outdo all the usual suspects in decrying all things Motherwell, whilst admitting they haven't been to a game in 10+ years and wild horses couldn't drag them back. Why the fcuk are you actually on the forum then you melt? That'll be enough of that for another year or so. Makes us lot on here look like football masterminds.

I mind the days when SO was a fantastic forum. It wasn't the same place as the wtfc forurms, but still....

5 minutes ago, Quatermass said:

KVV going to Killie shouldn’t impact us that much. In fact watch me put a positive spin on it. As we are likely to be done with Killie after Saturday he could very well damage the teams round about us when he faces them. Can easily see him try his wee temperamental huffy heart out against Livi, County and St J as he knows it’s for the greater good.

In all seriousness, as mentioned, the BIG takeaway here is we are being bodied by Killie, St Mirren and Dundee in the transfer market. That has major concerns for us going forward. If it’s not this season it currently looks odds on we are going down in the next three……and that’s being positive. 
Best we can hope for is one of these teams to buy very poorly and us to be smart and lucky. It’s not a game plan that’s working so far.

I like that positive spin.

Killie, Dundee, St Mirren...to be fair, it's why the club are looking for investment.

Just now, Quatermass said:

On one hand...yes, definitely. On the other, Dundee have had the ability to outspend us for the 3.5 decades I've been going and have fucked it 90% of the time. Have they finally nailed it? Maybe. But maybe not. St Mirren have already peaked and are coming back - Robinson may halt that trend quickly, as he did with us, but again, he might not.

We knew others have had some backing we didn't this year and we were paying off last season. Livingston shitting the bed has changed the dynamic totally...the goal this season was survival, balance the budget and start afresh in 24/25. 

Change is not an overnight process...this season was always one which had to be ensured on the pitch, off it there's been changes in the society and executive to come. Maybe it'll finally go horribly wrong and our time will come next season but it's still there to be won or lost imho.

1 hour ago, stu92 said:

I don’t think it’s the fan ownership model that has led to us having one fit striker, nor do I think we’d be without a wage structure if we went back to having a privately funded owner. 

I hear you. I’d just like us to show some fucking ambition, you know just once.

I’ll be honest, I am completely disillusioned with the club at the moment . It’s been one boot in the stones after another this season . 

Not that it really matters but if Kilmarnock are picking up most of KVV salary anyway

why did they not just sign him on 1st January and get him fit ?  

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Have 3 wingbacks on either side putting them on a plate for big Thelonius to score 15 before May. Tactical masterstroke imo.

17 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Just had a quick swatch on SO for the first time in a long time, as I kinda thought there might be some 'interesting' takes on tonight's dealings. My oh my. 

Some roaster called ppower even managing to outdo all the usual suspects in decrying all things Motherwell, whilst admitting they haven't been to a game in 10+ years and wild horses couldn't drag them back. Why the fcuk are you actually on the forum then you melt? That'll be enough of that for another year or so. Makes us lot on here look like football masterminds.

Aye he’s a fanny that boy, spouts endless pish .

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I mean; fine, gone, gone, a view to next season, injured, good to go.

I think we're all broadly in agreement that SODs is better at RCB, McGinn can be anywhere along that backline, the series of events that's led to this collection of moving and shaking is feeling a bit like Monty Burns' baseball team but I'm not sure it's that ridiculous to have them? 

Like, you could definitely argue the reason we've been shite, more than anything, is the complete drop off in quality from wide areas from us, so we've addressed that.

Fair play, the flip side of that is that the other thing you'd argue is that our strikers are shite and we've probably not dealt with that tbh.

10 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

I mind the days when SO was a fantastic forum. It wasn't the same place as the wtfc forurms, but still....

Was the first football forum I joined and was fantastic in its day. A complete wasteland and echo chamber now. Quite sad really, although I think many single club forums seem to eventually go the sane way, with a few overpowering knobheads drowning out the decent and reasoned chat with their own mind-numbing shtick. Sad stuff.

Edited by 'WellDel

5 minutes ago, dezz said:

Fair play to Killie, the wee hesitation over the S & T is a good laugh. 

90 mins for us to find a striker…

If only we had a media team and 6k a week to spend on a loanee.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

4 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

I think you’ll find we have fewer injuries than average.

Aye I mean I'm not sure we're in a spot to start accusing anyone of this with our injury list looking like the final shootout from the Wild Bunch.