Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It's bad for the league as a whole but braw if you're in the top 10 that there is now starting to emerge a pretty decent gap from 10th upwards. Hopefully some lower stakes games means some more youngsters getting a run in and some nicer football. So to that extent, thank you Well for your services this evening in contributing to poking a few more holes in the County hull.

Edited by GorbalsMags

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

The return of oli shaw is the only thing that can dampen my spirits after tonight’s performance. 

Yeah I heard that too. It canny be true surely? A week to process a sheet of paper?

Absolutely superb tonite.

A wee wake up call for the Ketts doubters of which there have been a few on here.

In truth it was fairly obvious he had the team and players onside. They all said so and meant it.

One win does not make a season. Hopefully we can get through on Friday and kick on for there.

Sweet dreams….

Golden Retriever Hello GIF by Finley

Some excellent performances tonight. Davor is a cracking wee player, SOD and Bevis overlapping and switching position is great fun for the pure chaos factor, and another excellent shift from Paton. He seems to be really enjoying the more advanced role.

Blair Spittal is such a cracking player. Some engine on him and he just makes such good runs all the time. I thought his first goal was special but that second was something else. I was out my seat celebrating before it hit the net. Just one of those ones you can tell is in the second it left his foot.

And I'm now a fully paid up member of the Thelonius Bair fan club. What a guy. He should've had a few tonight really.

I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to enjoy the football that much!

Vale had a decent wee cameo. First thing he did was kick someone as soon as he came on. Put himself about and took his goal well. He was only on 10 minutes but aside from his goal he had a chance to play in Gent and overhit it and another one where he was desperate to get it on his right foot and took a poor touch.

As January loans go he has already done more than Aitchison did last season.

In amongst all the stand-out stuff - Nicholson put in another interesting cameo tonight - think he could be a properly good signing (is he just short-term/loan?)

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

In amongst all the stand-out stuff - Nicholson put in another interesting cameo tonight - think he could be a properly good signing (is he just short-term/loan?)

End of season I think. In the 20 minutes I’ve seen of him I thought he’s looked outstanding. Hopefully finds a way to get more minutes. 

I thought that was one of Bevis’s best performances. He won absolutely everything going. I wonder if playing a bit more advanced takes some pressure off, or maybe those wee momentarily lapses aren’t as punished as ruthlessly as they are when he’s playing CB. Either way, it’s working. 

27 minutes ago, CoF said:

End of season I think. In the 20 minutes I’ve seen of him I thought he’s looked outstanding. Hopefully finds a way to get more minutes. 

I really like the look of Nicholson. Looks a very very tidy footballer. Also would love to see him getting more game time. 

Vale looked to me initially that he was trying too hard when he first came on and looked really excitable. However took his goal well and looked to have real pace to burn. Could be a very effective weapon second half off the season from the bench. 

Would love to get Spittal tied down on a new contract, but fear that it's highly unlikely. He's 28 and at the point of looking for as lucrative a contract as he can find to set him and his family up, and on current form he won't be short of suitors. Unplayable tonight, involved in absolutely everything positive we did and topped his performance off with a couple of sublime finishes and a great assist.  No way we'll afford to keep him, just got to hope his form continues til the end of the season to help us to safety then wish the guy well. 

Nicholson has only has a couple of brief cameos so far, but I've been very impressed by what I've seen. Could well be worth getting in there quickly to offer him an extension before any of the others take notice and begin to circle. Loving wee Davor more with each passing week.

Spittal is beginning to remind me a lot of Paul Hartley - a guy who had potential for a while but for whatever reason didn't deliver regularly until something clicks in the mid to late 20s. It's obviously doubtful he'll make quite the same leap as PH but he upped a gear when SK arrived and in the last few months has found another. He'll be worth every penny St Mirren are paying him.

Little to add on the rest that hasn't been said. Curious as to whether we bring in some fresh legs on Friday...SK seems to be very much a never change a winning team guy though so presumably if you're fit you keep your place after that.