Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Kettlewell's contract absolutely should not be renewed in the summer. Don't understand why folk would keep him, or feel we owe him some sort of deal? We've an ideal opportunity to get rid when we change the CEO. 

image.png.7f4245fd6fbfe46fe4fc3cfe6de5453a.png

3 wins in 23 games. One of those wins was against a League One side in the Cup. This also contains a defeat to a team in the Championship in the Cup and the inability to win a game against a team, who are also in a poor run of form, you are beating by three goals.

Absolutely no leadership on and off the park. I would gladly leave Kettlewell and Kelly up there.

Edited by Quatermass

Would I have taken a draw before kick off - Yes

Would I have taken a draw at half time - 1 million percent

Would I have taken a draw when Aberdeen equalised - absofuckinglutely

Positives - we didn't totally shite the bed and lose the game.

Pluses……we have double the points of Livingston with only 13 to play. County got beat. We are in 7th. These results should dictate we only have to suffer Kelly and Kettlewell in particular for a couple of more months.

4 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Indeed, how can we continue without a 6th centre half.

Evidently we can't, we can't defend. There is absolutely zero leadership.

We brought in a bunch of kids to play wb. We could have sacrificed one of those for a CB, nah?

Edited by Neil86

38 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Kettlewell's contract absolutely should not be renewed in the summer. Don't understand why folk would keep him, or feel we owe him some sort of deal? We've an ideal opportunity to get rid when we change the CEO. 

We're seventh, 13 points above bottom, seven from the playoff and three from sixth.

Our last three managers were a mentalist, a Hobson's choice which gave us Hammell and then no real choice given SK went absolutely mental as caretaker.

It is far from guaranteed we'll do better.

We made the decision to keep him after County and since then have slowly edged towards safety. The January window - lack of striker apart - was a big improvement on summer.

Kettlewell is very much on probation over the next few months but while there's a (strong) argument against him, pretending it's open and shut to bin him is just daft. That's clearly not the case.

Edited by Handsome_Devil
Typo

A class display of bed shitting that's very on brand for this complete gang. The defence and goalkeeper look like they're utterly terrified every time they're asked to deal with a set piece because neither trusts the other. As soon as Aberdeen pulled one back you could see the panic set in. 

I can't see anything about this squad & manager that makes me think going full scorched earth policy in the summer and starting over isn't the best plan.