Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just putting it into the mix but I'm reliably informed that Bevis was to be dropped on Wednesday with Butcher replacing him. Butcher however got injured in training----yet another to add to the injury stats.

1 minute ago, Marinello said:

Just putting it into the mix but I'm reliably informed that Bevis was to be dropped on Wednesday with Butcher replacing him. Butcher however got injured in training----yet another to add to the injury stats.

Another reason to punt Butcher then - too injury prone

This is what I posted on SO.

Out of contract (1st team squad)

• Liam Kelly - Bye
  • Aston Oxborough - Bye
  • Bevis Mugabi - Bye, maybe Backup
  • Ricki Lamie - Bye
  • Stephen O'Donnell - Backup
  • Callan Elliot - Don’t know
  • Paul McGinn - Keep
  • Barry Maguire - Bye
  • Calum Butcher - Bye
  • Callum Slattery - Keep
  • Sam Nicholson - Keep
  • Blair Spittal - Keep, Keep, Keep, Keep
  • Jonathan Obika - Bye
  • Mark Ferrie - Don’t know

I like Bevis too. Aye he's got a clanger in him, but across the division that's quite a common thing with defenders. If the choice was him or Butcher I'd be choosing Bevis. 

SODs was good on Wednesday night too, going forward and defensively. While he's been inconsistent, like most defenders in our team this season, he is a better player than folk give him credit and the constant shite he gets from some in the support is way over the top. As soon as he makes a mistake, all positive impact is forgotten and folk are going aff their heeds. He certainly doesn't get up and down the pitch like he used to, but I've been impressed with him in the back three. I know he's been put back to WB in his last few games but wonder if that'll be his position longer term either with us or with another side. 

It’s taken me a couple of days to catch up on all the posts.

WS/Investment - WS to have majority shareholding. We need external investment by it must suit the club. Admittedly that may be the stumbling block.

Kettlewell subs - Got them badly wrong against Celtic. Got them right against Livi.

Thoughts on OOC players above.

Jili Buyabu - Still none the wiser on alleged reasons for being sent back to Sheffield. 

Think that’s it?

I'm pretty sure that Kettlewell will offer Mugabi new terms, but a lot will obviously depend on the guys own intentions. 

He's been up here a few years now and may well be settled but if he feels it's time to head back down the road, with him being a regular starter atm and with the numbers @thisGRAEMEposted for him above, I doubt his agent would struggle to get him a gig in League One or Two on better money than we could offer. 

We could do worse than keep him around, but would be far from a catastrophic loss.

47 minutes ago, Alanos said:

It’s taken me a couple of days to catch up on all the posts.

WS/Investment - WS to have majority shareholding. We need external investment by it must suit the club. Admittedly that may be the stumbling block.

Kettlewell subs - Got them badly wrong against Celtic. Got them right against Livi.

Thoughts on OOC players above.

Jili Buyabu - Still none the wiser on alleged reasons for being sent back to Sheffield. 

Think that’s it?

Currently appearing as The Unknown at that Wonka experience.  Or hiding out with Kate Middleton, depending on which rumour mill you subscribe to.

Apologies as I've already posted this on Livi match thread. Just to let people know that Gillespies butchers have started supplying range of pies to Keystore in Wishaw (the one next to the nursing home in Dimsdale). Fresh batch was delivered this morning!

2 hours ago, Marinello said:

That would have been a ridiculous decision if true. Drop our only tall defender for Butcher against Livi FFs. 

1 hour ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Currently appearing as The Unknown at that Wonka experience.  Or hiding out with Kate Middleton, depending on which rumour mill you subscribe to.

Im sure it’s common knowledge what the rumours are. 

Allegedly a young missing girl from London was found in his flat in Hamilton. He got taken off the bus at Tynecastle by the police. This is the alleged rumour and I have no idea if true. 

Edited by wellboy1991

2 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’d keep McGinn from the current defenders and will greet if any of the others are still here next season. 

I'd definitely keep McGinn and I'd also be speaking to SOD about a new deal.  I'd be explaining to him though that he wouldn't be first choice and he'd there as an experienced back-up.  He seems like a great pro and I think it's always important to have a couple of senior pro's in the squad who can keep the dressing room in check and to keep a professional standard.  I'd be earmarking McGinn and SOD for those two roles.

As for big Bevis, I do like the big man but I can't really justify giving him a new deal.  You'd imagine someone like Martindale at Livi taking him (providing he's still in charge for next season) and Bevis being an absolute standout at Championship level where his mistakes won't be punished as much.  Similar story if there's a League 2 club from down south wanting him.  It's all hoofball down at that level so he'd be absolutely fine.

6 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

You don't think Mugabi gets criticsm?  For being by far our best central defender he is probably our most criticised player.  At start of season all we got was Butcher has to hurry back... 

Until we find someone to play central in a 3 then Mugabi has to stay - as none of our other defenders are close to being as good as Mugabi (unless there is a youth waiting in the wing) 

I don't think he gets criticised as much as SOD. No. Particularly not on twitter and Facebook. 

3 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Well Society vote results now out…

Sure it’s not the result most would have thought.

351 would not accept.

642 would accept

Surprised at that but I do think it's right course of action personally. 

See what interested parties have to say then have a proper binding vote. 

1 minute ago, Wellin said:

I don't think he gets criticised as much as SOD. No. Particularly not on twitter and Facebook. 

Can't really talk for the socials but at games, where I sit certainly, SOD and Shaw get constant abuse and I don't really hear much to anyone else 

Just now, eliphas said:

Surprised at that but I do think it's right course of action personally. 

See what interested parties have to say then have a proper binding vote. 

I agree and how I voted. I suspect the actual number of Society members that are active in the Well Bois, Block E etc would be proportionally lower than other more mature / older voters.