Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, ropy said:

I enjoyed last year when we overtook St Mirren’s points total from the bottom half.

Albeit playing against the bottom feeders. 

Top 6 is still an outside possibility but we probably need to win the 4 remaining games. Especially given Hibs have Livi up next.

Probably don’t deserve a shot at top 6 given our woeful winless run. 

Bottom 6 champions again this year would probably do. 

Let’s beat Aberdeen 1st and hopefully help consign them to 11th. Would love a United v Aberdeen play off. 

Here's an interesting question. Will/can we insist that Lamie doesn't take the field against his parent club or has all that gone out the window with his PCA. I would think not as he's our guy for now.

It's an odd conundrum for Well Fans wanting Ricki to be ineligible. May need to take a shower after thinking that

womens world cup sad moment GIF 

1 minute ago, Vietnam91 said:

Here's an interesting question. Will/can we insist that Lamie doesn't take the field against his parent club or has all that gone out the window with his PCA. I would think not as he's our guy for now.

It's an odd conundrum for Well Fans wanting Ricki to be ineligible. May need to take a shower after thinking that

womens world cup sad moment GIF 

He is still contracted with us. So i don't believe he can play against us for the remainder of the season. Once he's fully a Dundee Player he can play against us whenever.

Pre contracts don't rip but the existing contract 

Just now, Phillips455 said:

He is still contracted with us. So i don't believe he can play against us for the remainder of the season. Once he's fully a Dundee Player he can play against us whenever.

Pre contracts don't rip but the existing contract 

Same as Halliday being unable to play against Hearts, he was injured anyway.

Well we could have facilitated a transfer for "a bag o' balls". Not as if we are on point any more for conveying contract status'.

There also the tactical decision do we not call for it because its a weakness we feel we can exploit. Can the parent club even acquiesce to it.

Regardless, if we tuck away rudderless Aberdeen and Sevco do the business Sunday lunchtime, we're a point behind with them and Hibs to play.

Edited by Vietnam91

Given where we've been this season and everything that's gone on - any of us would have been massively fucking delighted with 7th place a couple of weeks back but now that we're more or less in touch with 6th - it might feel a bit anti-climatic when we don't make it.

Both Hibs and Dundee are picking up points at a decent rate and seem in reasonable form - so it would need to be a pretty unbelievable run from us (which we haven't looked capable of this season) to do it.

I'll stick with being happy with 7th if we can do that...

5 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Take it back to the old days when you had 2 outfield subs and no replacement goalie. Gunn plus 22 outfielders.

13 man matchday squad and if the keeper gets injured an outfield player takes his jersey and goes in instead. Stevie Kirk done it at Tynecastle and even saved a penalty. It all adds to the drama and excitement. Scrub this 5 subs pish and make football great again.

I was there. Horrible challenge early on by Wayne Foster on Cammy Duncan and we came back from two down to draw. Jamie Dolan against Celtic was more recent but it's changed days. 

Shame we can't make the top 6 with 4 draws. Seemed like the right way to do it this season.

However, going on a tear and winning the next 4 games would be very funny.

I'm saying nothing about Aberdeen until Saturday afternoon.

Edited by rowsdower

9 hours ago, rowsdower said:

I'm saying nothing about Aberdeen until Saturday afternoon.

The highlights made them look absolutely shocking last night. You instinctively assume they can't be as bad again in Saturday but their record suggests otherwise.

You do wonder just how a side with that many decent to (potentially) very good players can be where they are...yes, they've obviously got some haddies too but even so.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

9 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Probably would've been better for us if Dundee dropped points tonight but the narrative demands that Aberdeen get relegated. 

Narrative gods have spoken to me, and theyre setting it up for Aberdeen to finish 11th next season.

Theyll meet Falkirk, who finished 4th in the Championship, in the play off final. A clearly exhausted Falkirk get beaten thanks to a dodgy penalty, and we get 20 more years of complaints of the "Self Preservation League" cheating them out a promotion. 

13 hours ago, capt_oats said:

This will never be beaten.

giphy.gif

Tbf, I think @crazylegsjoe_mfc absolutely called it right about Kelly here:

Stick him in a team that's confident and playing on the front foot and he's...fine. Good, even.

He just seems to go to pieces when things aren't necessarily going our way.

I disagree.

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is this going to turn into a selection of Clark and Kelly howlers? I think the only outcome is we'll see neither of them should be anywhere near the international team (but there are few alternatives for the squad).

Aye, very much so. Gunn's been a great option so fair play to Clarke getting him. Gordon kept Hearts in that cup tie on Monday night and is still class but age isn't on his side. 

Clark & Kelly are much of a muchness. They're both fine, mid-table SPFL keepers that have really good games and really bad games. 

McCrorie wasn't great at Livingston IIRC. I'd imagine that he's getting nowhere near a cap until he's somewhere he gets a game every week though. 

We need to stop spawning world class pressing midfielders and full backs. Start getting forwards and keepers in place.