Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

If Miller can add goals to his game  ( even 6-8 in a season) then based on his age he will IMO comfortably break our transfer record. I would like to see him hovering around the edge of the opposition box a bit more. 

That of course depends on him staying another season - if we sell now I reckon 1.5M is probably about right. 

Miller feels a much more modern player to me. I'd rather a Turnbull type that will justify the admission fee alone and ping them in the top corner from 30 yards but I think Miller's skillset is much more in line with what teams in the big 4 or 5 leagues will want. No reason why he can't add a few goals though obviously as he's definitely technical enough. 

35 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Miller feels a much more modern player to me. I'd rather a Turnbull type that will justify the admission fee alone and ping them in the top corner from 30 yards but I think Miller's skillset is much more in line with what teams in the big 4 or 5 leagues will want. No reason why he can't add a few goals though obviously as he's definitely technical enough. 

I get what you mean. You don't notice covering every blade and bodying folk like a young Campbell, or scoring belters regularly like a young Turnbull, but the attributes he does have are probably what give him the potential to succeed at a level where those two haven't quite.

I think he's always played too deep to be in goalscoring positions regularly.

Like @Busta Nut says though, he's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for him. It'll probably boil down to fulfilled potential v remaining length of contract. Whilst I could see him become our record sale, I would question if the club had the resolve of rejecting a £2m+ offer.

On 05/05/2024 at 13:00, Jonnylosqualo said:

Looked up some of the players from the 85/86 squad. Andy Harrow's Wikipedia is interesting.

Screenshot_20240505_125736_Chrome.jpg

I’m literally pissing myself laughing at this 🤣

Was talking about Miller today. I agree that a few goals would add to the all round package.

i see him as a Callum McGregor type player in the making. Give him the ball and he won’t give it away type, helping to dictate play.

looking forward to seeing him develop, hopefully at Well.

7 hours ago, Stevie Kirk said:

On the Halliday chat he played very well the night we routed Ross County at home . He still has a good touch and is able to recycle the ball well but at times gets caught on his heels - I think he is lacking that half yard  that you get with match fitness and he may be able  to get that back with a good pre season. Far far too early to be writing him off IMO.

This is where I'm at with Halliday too. I think if we can get him fully fit in pre-season, which I've got no reason to think we can't, we'll have a decent enough highly experienced back up on our hands and IMO that's never a bad thing.

Latest Story Behind the Steelmen blog now live 

🤫⚽️ Dan Casey: The Irishman who silenced Ibrox

Read all about Casey’s journey from Sunderland scholar to one of the Scottish Premiership’s hardest defenders.

Not to mention his successful spells in Ireland and America. 🇮🇪 🇺🇸 

https://storybehindthesteelmen.co.uk/2024/05/07/dan-casey-the-irishman-who-silenced-ibrox/

57 minutes ago, LewisB said:

one of the Scottish Premiership’s hardest defenders.

I wonder if he drinks in one of Scotlands hardest pubs. 🤣

IMG_1805.jpeg

25 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Sounds like he'll fit in perfectly 

I mean, that’s a giggle. Interesting to see he’s apparently a right back. I just assumed he’d be a centre half.

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, that’s a giggle. Interesting to see he’s apparently a right back. I just assumed he’d be a centre half.

This and the Shaun Rooney talk from a few pages ago suggests that SOD will be away in the summer.

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

So have we accepted that Project Callan Elliot is a bust?

I would assume so, some of the rumours about his footballing ability are... not good.

19 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

This and the Shaun Rooney talk from a few pages ago suggests that SOD will be away in the summer.

Unless there’s a project to transition SOD into the back 3 (which I wouldn’t be against)