Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m not that bothered about drinking at the football these days to be honest. Will quite happily drive up to Montrose on a Tuesday night. 

Do you drive a bus?

4 hours ago, dezz said:

Class. I’ve always had a soft spot for Auxerre due to some random FM saves about 15 years ago. They had a class team in the early/mid 00’s but spent most of the last 10 years in Ligue 2. They got promoted 2 years ago and immediately relegated again on the last day of the season, but bounced back by winning the league this year.

Ligue 1 would be a good move for big Theo. 

It was Auxerre that had thon auld French manager who was in charge for like 35, 40 years...Guy Roux...from like mid-60's to mid-00's...mental reign.

Imagine having Ketts in charge until 2064...!

1 hour ago, KirkySuperSub said:

It was Auxerre that had thon auld French manager who was in charge for like 35, 40 years...Guy Roux...from like mid-60's to mid-00's...mental reign.

You never know, he might have triggered a 40 year extension and the club just forgot to tell us all.... again.

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Us turning Stevie May into the 13/14 version would be committing to the bit.

I mean I love the thought that we even could think about it. 

We all have our limits though.

10 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Will quite happily drive up to Montrose on a Tuesday night. 

This is something I never, ever thought I'd read. 

7 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

1961 until 2005. Like you say, that's mental to even think about these days. 

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I mean I love the thought that we even could think about it. 

We all have our limits though.

He hit double figures in 22/23, it wouldn't be wild to get him doing that again IMO.

Just dipped in but can't really be arsed trawling back the thread. Has there been upset Saints fans about Bair or something?

Fair play to the boy, he was absolutely shite with us, got released and has used that as motivation to improve. I wish every player would do that. If you boys make money on him before he or even if he becomes shite again fair play to you also. That's football.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I wish every player would do that. If you boys make money on him before he or even if he becomes shite again fair play to you also. That's football.

I wish him well after us but if he reverts to shiteness that'd be hilarious tbh.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

I wish him well after us but if he reverts to shiteness that'd be hilarious tbh.

Aye, a win for Well, fair play.

As for us? We'll know within the next few weeks if we're going to be as much of a shambles as the last few seasons. New owners and Levein actually being able to sign his own players(which he's actually been okay at TBF). 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Just dipped in but can't really be arsed trawling back the thread. Has there been upset Saints fans about Bair or something?

Nah - nothing like that (and I don't think I've ever seen a Saints supporter saying anything other than "fair play" about Bair all season).

We're just trying to work out which cast offs from other clubs we'll be selling for money next summer...

14 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m not that bothered about drinking at the football these days to be honest. Will quite happily drive up to Montrose on a Tuesday night. 

Can you drop me off near Helensburgh on the way back?

11 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Aye 40 odd years as manager after spending 9 of his 16 year playing career at Auxerre as well. Mental. 

Went and checked the squad page on the website for whatever reason, and noticed the exodus of ooc players. O’Donnell and Mugabi not on there now but Slattery is. And with the news story yesterday that Slattery has signed a new deal, it makes sense, but are we also now to take it the other 2 have rejected deals? Also for those of a number polis persuasion, it seems Moses has switched to #21.

Rangers keeping it brief 

RANGERS Football Club can today confirm the departures of Borna Barisic, Ryan Jack, John Lundstram, Jon McLaughlin and Kemar Roofe following the expiry of their contracts. 

With a combined 23 seasons at the club, all five players have represented Rangers with commitment and dedication over a number of years. 

They were all part of the squad that guided Rangers to the UEFA Europa League final in Seville, with Borna Barisic, Ryan Jack and Kemar Roofe lifting the league title with the club in 2020/21. 

All five leave as Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup winners with Rangers in recent years.

Everyone at Ibrox and Rangers’ Training Centre thank the departing players for their time at the club and wish them all the very best for their future careers.