Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

20 hours ago, CSmith said:

Went and checked the squad page on the website for whatever reason, and noticed the exodus of ooc players. O’Donnell and Mugabi not on there now but Slattery is. And with the news story yesterday that Slattery has signed a new deal, it makes sense, but are we also now to take it the other 2 have rejected deals? Also for those of a number polis persuasion, it seems Moses has switched to #21.

Why would it mean that the other two have rejected deals? 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Why's the timing "a laugh" - that's what I was questioning?

Because it's the day after the 12 Premiership clubs voted on phasing out artificial surfaces and we're posting about "keeping up the standards".

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Because it's the day after the 12 Premiership clubs voted on phasing out artificial surfaces and we're posting about "keeping up the standards".

Yeah.  Your social media department is about the best around.  They know precisely what they are doing.  

The “all the goals” from the season is up on YouTube and I watched it while eating my breakfast this morning. Just a few thoughts:

They missed the 3 goals at Pittodrie.

We had some amount of comebacks.

By f**k we are really going to miss Blair Spittal. 

I missed a lot of games this season. 

I think there will be a few contracts announced soon. Was the Slattery one official? I only saw the twitter journos posts.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I think there will be a few contracts announced soon. Was the Slattery one official? I only saw the twitter journos posts.

Wasn't official but the fact he's still on the official squad list while everyone else has been cleared off is either a giveaway or an oversight but lets face it with our comms of late it could easily be either.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

😆 as I said "maybe me". Not as "tuned in" as I used to be.

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Wasn't official but the fact he's still on the official squad list while everyone else has been cleared off is either a giveaway or an oversight but lets face it with our comms of late it could easily be either.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I always assumed Slattery would be away this summer but we obviously aren't going to cut anyone loose after 3 years while they are crocked and so it may mean that we get 6 months more out of Slatts than we expected (assuming a 1 year contract with some rehab included).

20 minutes ago, Swello said:

I always assumed Slattery would be away this summer but we obviously aren't going to cut anyone loose after 3 years while they are crocked and so it may mean that we get 6 months more out of Slatts than we expected (assuming a 1 year contract with some rehab included).

If he does sign I fully expect him to play at least a small part in the league cup; rehab and physio for knee injuries has come on leaps and bounds. If we're re-signing him I'm expecting him to be fit enough to be part of preseason and the subsequent games thereafter.

2 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

If he does sign I fully expect him to play at least a small part in the league cup; rehab and physio for knee injuries has come on leaps and bounds. If we're re-signing him I'm expecting him to be fit enough to be part of preseason and the subsequent games thereafter.

Wasn't the chat when he got injured it was a year out, I get that was probably very worst case but I had put it in my head sometime in November at best.

You'd think all of that would be reflected in his wage which in theory should be a downgrade but certainly much more than he would have if cut loose with a gammy leg.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Wasn't the chat when he got injured it was a year out, I get that was probably very worst case but I had put it in my head sometime in November at best.

You'd think all of that would be reflected in his wage which in theory should be a downgrade but certainly much more than he would have if cut loose with a gammy leg.

I thought it was he was out the rest of the season, rather than a full calendar year but I might be mistaken.

Edit:

Quick check, club site says the season here:

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2024/01/15/callum-slattery-suffers-serious-knee-injury/

Edited by StAndrew7

Wouldn't it be correct to say when he'd be out only up to his obligation to us? In theory he wouldn't be our player and anything we did say could affect another move (granted he'd have a medical), there must be PFA stuff surrounding that.

Ketts talked about freak injuries at the AGM, I thought the time with Slattery was discussed then.

11 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Wouldn't it be correct to say when he'd be out only up to his obligation to us? In theory he wouldn't be our player and anything we did say could affect another move (granted he'd have a medical), there must be PFA stuff surrounding that.

Ketts talked about freak injuries at the AGM, I thought the time with Slattery was discussed then.

I suppose it would; but it's the only source we have which gives a timeline currently.

Injuries were discussed aye but I don't remember much on Slattery's other than that it was completely innocuous when it happened.

29 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I really rate Slattery but he's going to be hilariously fat when he comes back.

Yep - a summer spent watching England games in Wetherspoons, throwing pints of Madri over everyone when they score is going to take its toll.

56 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Rest of the season is what was said when he was injured. Tbh. I don't think we should necessarily downgrade someone's wage just because they've had an injury while still contracted to us.