Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

43 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I know there are probably engagement reasons or something but I find it bizarre we're putting quite so much effort into reviewing a season that even the generous among us judged as 'job done, move on'. 

Keeps us ticking over, I suppose, but the gripe about judging the timing of the 'content' - which is clearly written to generate reactions like yours - seems likely to come up while we're in a holding pattern on the more serious stuff.

Was just about to say the same; although it's the kind of shit some fans love so I guess there's that. Not for me, but hey ho.

I'm sure oor Erik is enjoying the #content whilst making plans for his own 👀

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dosser1886 said:

Dug shite.

You know me well.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I know there are probably engagement reasons or something but I find it bizarre we're putting quite so much effort into reviewing a season that even the generous among us judged as 'job done, move on'. 

Keeps us ticking over, I suppose, but the gripe about judging the timing of the 'content' - which is clearly written to generate reactions like yours - seems likely to come up while we're in a holding pattern on the more serious stuff.

I don't think an end of season review is a terrible thing, but the way they are doing it. "NEW FACES ARRIVE! in july of 2023" is a bit weird and trying too hard to be like, "Ah got ye!"

Edited by Busta Nut

The "all goals" video was great as we've scored more really decent goals than a normal season and there were plenty generally. That was probably the most positive thing to take out of last season and the thing that could leave a positive memory at a time you want folk to be renewing season tickets.

Doing a full review of a massively mediocre season will just bring back memories of the autumn and winter misery...

Not to re-open the whole “investment” discussion but it occurred to me the other day that we’ve heard precisely f**k all about McMahon standing down which was supposed to be happening at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not to re-open the whole “investment” discussion but it occurred to me the other day that we’ve heard precisely f**k all about McMahon standing down which was supposed to be happening at the end of the season.

McMahon is trying to finalise his "legacy" by selling the club down the river.
I have faith the WS will see through the charlatan and I don't doubt his offer will be less than sufficient anyway.

I see that there has been an additional circa 10m TV deal signed with Premier Sports - presumably our share of that will further close the supposed "gap" that outside investment is meant to fill? 

15 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

I suspect this thread will heat up in the next week .....

That'll keep me entertained until I leave for the Euros then.

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

I see that there has been an additional circa 10m TV deal signed with Premier Sports - presumably our share of that will further close the supposed "gap" that outside investment is meant to fill? 

Champions League compo money goes up significantly next season too so in theory its plugged. However what agents will do is look at the % increase from both and add that % to wage demands.

15 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Champions League compo money goes up significantly next season too so in theory its plugged. However what agents will do is look at the % increase from both and add that % to wage demands.

Aye, anything that we all get isn't a game-changer relative to our competitors but significantly increased UEFA money - unless I'm mistaken - is only available to top-flight clubs meaning it may increase our shopping power a fraction when it comes to lower league clubs abroad.

37 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

McMahon is trying to finalise his "legacy" by selling the club down the river.
I have faith the WS will see through the charlatan and I don't doubt his offer will be less than sufficient anyway.

I have no particular inside info or insight but I think it's safe to say from the tone of things and time taken that it's not going entirely smoothly and I suspect neither side - mainly EB - is willing to make the compromises needed to get over the line.

With that in mind, the sooner we confirm our thanks but no thanks, hand McMahon his honorary season ticket and get on with building for the future the better imho.

On an unrelated matter, what's the Club policy on draping flags over the pitch-side advertising?

Is it "Ye cannae dae that it hides paid-for advertising" or "Yer the Auld Firm, dae whit ye want"?

My human says he'll buy me a flag with my photie on it.

3 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

On an unrelated matter, what's the Club policy on draping flags over the pitch-side advertising?

Is it "Ye cannae dae that it hides paid-for advertising" or "Yer the Auld Firm, dae whit ye want"?

My human says he'll buy me a flag with my photie on it.

Is there no way they can have it on the ugly concrete bit that appeared as part of the Hunter stand improvements. Would surely keep everyone happy.

image.thumb.png.a0ae2156e84a26b65830a71a5b3bcd66.png

3 hours ago, Swello said:

absolutely shat myself there when I read the first bit and saw the picture :lol:

Stand down - it's an end of season review...

Aye, I did a double take too…

53 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Is there no way they can have it on the ugly concrete bit that appeared as part of the Hunter stand improvements. Would surely keep everyone happy.

image.thumb.png.a0ae2156e84a26b65830a71a5b3bcd66.png

I was under the impression from reading Flow's comments at the time that we were supposed to be installing LED pitchside advertising on those concrete blocks.

We had them in place for the TV game against the ****.

Screenshot2024-06-05at14_35_15.thumb.png.d6683494eeb56fd9533b4cb8a5051ccb.png

Posted (edited)

The Inverness Caley Thistle debacle is a timely reminder of why fan ownership should be at the centre of any investment we're looking at as a club. And why giving it up should not even have been a "hypothetical" question. 

They are in an absolute state and now looks like they're being flogged off to the highest (although probably not that high) bidder. 

While I'd say we're a bigger club than ICT, with a larger fanbase, that really doesn't matter if you've folk running the place who don't actually care about the club.

I'm also bored with the EB/investment chat, if he's not actually offering anything that's worth us doing and is that bothered at being left out he can join the Well Society and fire as much money as he wants in that way. He's doing it because he's fallen in love with the club right? 

On that though, and as a WS member, I hope this has all been a bit of a wake up call. The new folk on the board seem to have some great ideas and are impressing, so not aimed at them, but I think fan ownership has been taken for granted by some at the club in recent years, engagement isn't good, voting stats/turnouts show that. There is a fair bit to do to get folk, including some I've spoken to who are still members, back fully on board with it. 

Edited by MurrayWell