Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Posted (edited)

Ryan Jack is a very good footballer, when his legs haven't fallen off. If he was fit and wanted to sign for us it'd be an absolute no-brainer. 

He does look a bit like a cartoon mouse though, it has to be said. 

Edited by MurrayWell

1 hour ago, MurrayWell said:

Folk really can't seem to grasp "squad rebuild" eh? I think keeping some experienced heads around is a good move. 

That's it, or that the terms we've offered to players may be vastly different to their current ones. I don't think it's a huge leap to think that actually, keeping either Bevis or Butcher around as squad members when we play a back three on a lot less than they're on just now is appealing to us, but not necessarily to them, which is why I'd assume they'll leave. 

38 minutes ago, Alanos said:

Ryan Jack. Yes or no, wether he’s interested or not.

If his legs work yes, if they don't then no. We already have an ex-rangers midfielder who can't move.

Posted (edited)

I don't think anyone has said just sign Jack? Literally everyone responding has said IF he's fit...

Just had a quick look, over the last eight seasons he's averaged 31 games a season, lowest number of appearances was 21 in 17/18. He played 22 times last season FWIW. I'm not saying we should sign him, but I don't think it's fair to say he's been done for like 8 years. 

Edited by MurrayWell

Posted (edited)

It can all come down to wages and what sort of playing time either is willing to accept but I can't help but think that I'd rather have Bevis as first backup CB/RB than SOD.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

☹️ new PFP required. Quite a rarity for someone to hang around for 5 years nowadays.

Quite sad to see him go despite his shortcomings.  Seemed like an absolutely lovely guy too. 

1 minute ago, steelman1991 said:

Enough of this “birthday caird” pish 🤣

He was a bomb scare. Good luck though wherever you land.

Agreed.

Seemed a genuinely decent bloke. Mediocre footballer at best though.

Farewell and best of luck.

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Agreed.

Seemed a genuinely decent bloke. Mediocre footballer at best though.

Farewell and best of luck.

Aye, seems a nice guy and if we'd lost McGinn and SOD you could just about make a case for him staying...but we didn't so there's no doubt this is the best for both parties.

41 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It can all come down to wages and what sort of playing time either is willing to accept but I can't help but think that I'd rather have Bevis as first backup CB/RB than SOD.

Bevis at RB? Nah, the experiment of trying that against Hibs in the Scottish Cup back-fired inside the first minute. 

Rebuilding take: Main thing with Bevis for me was he was making the same mistakes in his final season as he was in his first. I think given he was put on a decent contract under Alexander it was the best time for him to leave now. He can absolutely do a job, wouldn't at all be surprised to see him stay in the SPFL, either bottom six Premiership or top end of the Championship. 

Birthday caird pish take: I like Bevis, all the best to him, seems like a genuinely brilliant guy and when he was good he was pretty good. He was absolutely magic at Ibrox in the win there this season, an absolute colossus that day. Hope he gets a decent move, because he's one of fitba's good guys. 

I always liked Bevis, and feel that he broadly gets a rough deal off of folk when a collection of players around him have been absolutely stinking, he seems to be the lightning rod for criticism.

Also seems a class laddie that liked playing for us.

I'd have him as a 4th choice CB, but I would assume he is not on 4th choice CB wages because no-one Alexander was paid appropriately. 

2 minutes ago, Alanos said:

I assume it’s everyone and not just me?

IMG_1833.jpeg

I can still see stuff... maybe I've not been culled yet.