Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Balmer (last seen at TopGolf Glasgow yesterday),

idk if that was serious or not, but Facebook "suggested" an ad to me that was a Record article that said he was having a medical with us yesterday.

As for Bevis I'm sure I've already said before it seems like the right time to go for him, but it will take some time to get used to reading comments on our socials without 40 different Ugandans asking what the score is or if he's playing.

27 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

He can absolutely do a job, wouldn't at all be surprised to see him stay in the SPFL, either bottom six Premiership or top end of the Championship. 

I can totally see this being the case. 

He seems to have had a lovely time in ML1, and having announced his departure from FP, I'm assuming he has something lined up elsewhere and could easily see him rocking up somewhere relatively close-by imminently. 

Wonder if his Tweet will be followed quickly by one of the clubs own shortly to announce an incoming defender in his place?

#announceBalmer

On 06/06/2024 at 13:17, MP_MFC said:

Yeah, it meets minimum wage, but as a club aspiring to improve people's lives and be a beacon for the community, not offering the "real" living wage is poor.

As a media graduate it pisses me off seeing the amount of unpaid or poorly paid work people are expected to do to make it in the industry, for a community club to try and short change someone is very poor. 

Knowing the people who are on the Well Society board, I would hope that they would be making representations to the club to be, at worst, a real living wage employer @JayMFCnot sure if that would be something you would be able to bring up or already have?

I do a lot around funding for voluntary organisations so they can pay the Real Living Wage, the Scottish Government's Fair Work priorities etc in the day job so it's absolutely something I think is very important - it's a topic that has been discussed previously, and again since the refreshed Society Board was formed at the tail end of last year.

As mentioned elsewhere, there's some bits & pieces that make it a wee bit more complex than some other organisations, but it's definitely something that the Well Society can be looking at, particularly as we've already managed to develop a really good working relationship with the new CEO.

That said, it's one of a good number of things that I think we'd have liked to have spent a lot more time focussed on since January, if it were not for the ongoing investment stuff. That's not throwing shade or criticising anyone, it's simply a fact - I know one or two of the new Society Board members have been left particularly frustrated by having to hang fire on a lot work while we wait to see what the outcome of this process is. Hopefully we reach that outcome fairly soon & can get cracking on with the things I think both the Society and the club really should be focussing attention on.

14 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

idk if that was serious or not, but Facebook "suggested" an ad to me that was a Record article that said he was having a medical with us yesterday.

:lol:

Aye, it was serious. He posted on his IG stories.

IMG_6923.thumb.png.2204b5ff1062af967f76b80f2c462eeb.png

Just now, capt_oats said:

:lol:

Aye, it was serious. He posted on his IG stories.

IMG_6923.thumb.png.2204b5ff1062af967f76b80f2c462eeb.png

Shitebag if he didn't aim a stinger at the tractor.

Posted (edited)

I’ve no idea what I’ve done to offend the big man.

will look back.

Edit, looked back through X. Don’t think I’ve ever interacted with him!

Edited by Alanos

As lovely as big Bevis is, and he's been decent to good enough on occasion too, we need to have better defenders in the ranks overall if we want to improve. So it's best wishes from me and I wouldn't be too worried facing up to him if he does get a gig for another premiership side.

Ideally I wanted to lose another defender to make wholesale changes. However, I guess with Kelly moving, Butcher, Bevis (and Gent) it's probably enough wholesale changes to give us cash toake changes

23 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve not been paying too much attention but I’m assuming the thread has bombarded that survey with pakora, paneer and other Indian delicacies? 

They asked what we thought they should sell - I could only answer "beer".

The Mugabi one is strange. Personally I think he did not benefit from playing in front of Kelly. I think he would have been great playing alongside an experienced vocal centre half (ala Hartley) or a vocal dominant keeper such as a Ruddy or even a Carson. 

Both Mugabi and Kelly could be really hesitant and they just seemed to bring out the shit in each other. Neither very vocal and both hesitant which was regularly punished. It too me just did not work often leading ti mistakes. 

I have no bad feelings for the big guy and wish him all the best. A gentleman of a fella.