Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'm not comfortable with the June 10th cut off for WS members that can vote, it should have been those who were signed up before this shite started.

I'm looking forward to the WS plan coming out. From what I saw in the focus group a few months back, and my small involvement in one of the work streams before I had to bail, they know what they're doing and have plenty of people with the experience to deliver on it.

6 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I'm not comfortable with the June 10th cut off for WS members that can vote, it should have been those who were signed up before this shite started.

I'm looking forward to the WS plan coming out. From what I saw in the focus group a few months back, and my small involvement in one of the work streams before I had to bail, they know what they're doing and have plenty of people with the experience to deliver on it.

Agreed, have heard a few bits n pieces about what's been getting worked on so looking forward to seeing the outcomes. Also looking forward to seeing the counter proposals wee Dee has sneakily requested in his posts earlier.

19 minutes ago, Al B said:

Welcome MJ, as one of the more well known Motherwell fans for various reasons it's good to hear your thoughts on this (I'm not on Twitter).

It's a shame that you even have to think about a detrimental effect on your own business just for standing up for our club...especially when standing up for our club has literally been the whole point of a lot of your ventures over the years, but being willing to use your platform and fight the good fight is much appreciated.

It's unlikely it will be detrimental tbh but already had one tool on Twitter digging me about the latest design cos he couldn't beat me in the argument. Nearly sold out now so obviously no-one paid the  slightest bit of notice lol

29 minutes ago, eliphas said:

...and Feely. He seems to constantly being forgotten about but was the part of the unanimous exec board who put this forward. 

He needs to go from the WS board as well as the Exec.

He was but seems to have been Dickie's lapdog and now that wee weasel is gone is coming on side. Still shouldn't save him IMO though. How anyone can be Dickie's lapdog is beyond me right enough

I'm going to shoot now but before I go I'll leave this one with you. On my FB post tonight a guy left this reply 

"On a serious note guys last submission of an AR01(ef) to Companies House appears to be 05/10/15 giving full individual shareholding.This has since been replaced by CSO1 and imho it's submission should be an immediate requirement prior to a vote. Interesting to note that from 2015 information any shareholding of 51% by Well Society in year 6 could be kicked into touch by any of the 3 major shareholders if they so chose."

If I read it right he says any of the 3 major shareholders can dissolve the WS at the end of this 6 yr plan? I asked him that and he was cagey saying

"mmm No but mmm"

I'm too tired for cryptic puzzles at this time of a Friday night so if anyone is able to shed any light on it or dig into the meaning I would be much obliged.

34 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I'm not comfortable with the chairman telling the WS that they're having a vote on their future like its an actual thing.

On 20/06/2024 at 20:57, capt_oats said:

Genuinely one of the worst c***s on Motherwell Twitter

I came across another of this guys replies. I 100% agree with you after going through his replies. 

I will never understand the unconditional love some people will display on social media to someone who 100% doesn't know they exist, and definitely isn't going to shag them. Total bootlicker behavior.

I still think we need to just punt these old farts from the board and move on.

9 hours ago, fatcalf said:

He was but seems to have been Dickie's lapdog and now that wee weasel is gone is coming on side. Still shouldn't save him IMO though. How anyone can be Dickie's lapdog is beyond me right enough

Time for a reset, Matt. 

The Dickie's etc etc have had 3 decades + association with the club. Unfortunately, Douglas's stunt has effectively isolated himself from most, other than the chairman and the lap dogs. (soon departing as untenable positions) 

Time for TWS and a bit of dynamism. These guys and gals are now under the spotlight, but I'm sure can work hand in hand with the new CEO and hopefully new board members/new investors. 

Good luck TWS on the announcement and let's hope for a resounding No vote. Upwards and onwards to a good season on and off the park. 

Edited by Well Fan

9 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

I'm not comfortable with the chairman telling the WS that they're having a vote on their future like its an actual thing.

To be honest, it seems pretty clear what Jim McMahon thinks about the whole situation at this point. The WS should be respectful but pretty much ignore stuff like that. Wether it started off with that intention from McMahon or not, it's beyond a mess now. 

Key thing now is that the remaining WS board will be the ones coming up with the vote wording to accept or reject the Barmacks bid - so as long as it's absolutely clear I'm not surely it really matters what McMahon thinks at this point 

10 hours ago, fatcalf said:

Very interested to see how this pans out post vote. 

Assuming it's a no to Barmack id expect the main drivers of all of this to be stepping down from the Exec and WS Board for a complete reset and lapdog or not, Feely is a grown man, and meant to be a rep for the WS who clearly as a majority were never for it when the Exec Board voted 

McMahon, Dickie and Feely need to go for sure. The new CEO and Finance Director were also part of that unanimous vote too so I'd like to be hearing why they voted it through because it's an interesting dynamic that the new CEO voted this through but Derek is still happy to work with him and full of praise. 

9 minutes ago, eliphas said:

McMahon, Dickie and Feely need to go for sure. The new CEO and Finance Director were also part of that unanimous vote too so I'd like to be hearing why they voted it through because it's an interesting dynamic that the new CEO voted this through but Derek is still happy to work with him and full of praise. 

I don't think there has ever been a confirmation of who actually voted or when the actual vote took place (as opposed to when it was publicised) - do we know that CEO/CFO actually voted/were able to vote in this? (I had heard - a possibly baseless - rumour that they had not been formally appointed directors with companies house by the time of the vote)  Because the alternative that it was only McMahon, Dickie and Feeley that voted would be.......something.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

I don't think there has ever been a confirmation of who actually voted or when the actual vote took place (as opposed to when it was publicised) - do we know that CEO/CFO actually voted/were able to vote in this? (I had heard - a possibly baseless - rumour that they had not been formally appointed directors with companies house by the time of the vote)  Because the alternative that it was only McMahon, Dickie and Feeley that voted would be.......something.

I don't know for definite when the vote took place or if they voted but the CEO and FD were formally directors from 29th April and the first investment announcement was 10th June. 

Should say, I'm not calling for their heads really at this point, they have only been directors very late in the day.

But I do think after all this it would be very useful to know how we got to a unanimous vote, or if like you say they even voted 

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

I don't know for definite when the vote took place or if they voted but the CEO and FD were formally directors from 29th April and the first investment announcement was 10th June. 

Should say, I'm not calling for their heads really at this point, they have only been directors very late in the day.

But I do think after all this it would be very useful to know how we got to a unanimous vote, or if like you say they even voted 

I think it is fair game to call out the Exec Board over this whole fiasco. It is ironic in the extreme that the Well Society Board have had to work their asses off to put forward a Business Plan / Strategy when the actual custodians of the club have not or never publicly shared with us the actual owners. 

Unless you know for sure how the CEO and FD voted it is not worth guessing imho. Not only that it is always difficult to go against the people that actually appointed / employed you. After this is done and hopefully put to bed then we will need the CEO and FD to work hand in hand with the WS to take the club forward. And Derek has already said that has started with Brian Caldwell which is encouraging.

Edited by welldaft