Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

52 minutes ago, Swello said:

When we're back to posting some prime Lionel and writing off trialists this time next year - this close season will seem like a weird dream.

We should make a documentary about it.

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I’ve had my doubts re: due diligence but off the back of the Barmack reveal and the responses from the likes of @thisGRAEME, @GrantRussell et al on Twitter a question that’s only just occurred to me is whether or not The Executive Board have actually sought any advice about these aspects that seem key to Barmak’s plan (IIRC he mentioned he had presented a deck to them early on) or have they simply looked at it and thought “Yeah, an app that no one will use seems a great idea” and do they genuinely not realise they had a market leading CRM system installed two years ago?!

In McMahons press conference after the video, the cultural reference he used to explain his thinking was the window display of Selfridges, which changed regularly and apparently used to split opinion and generate discussion.

I mean, he’s not wrong in the basic principle but it’s not exactly cutting edge insight into 21st century media and technology.

I miss the days of coming on here and seeing 2 or 3 new pages. Not been on the thread in a few days and had another 20 pages, and some weird AI/app proposal, to catch up on. Hard going, genuinely impressed you all seem to be posting multiple times a day.

See you on Monday

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I was away to post this. Oooops.

I suspect he's lifted the numbers from Kieran Maguire who made that initial mistake.

Tsk, tsk. Copying other people's work will get you in trouble...

This is fucking wild. This needs stopped, like actually stopped.

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

This is fucking wild. This needs stopped, like actually stopped.

Aye.

I mean, there were already plenty of red flags but the fact that yer man has an entire section of his proposal undermined because he’s copied it off Twitter (despite the author acknowledging the error in the thread) and the Executive Board are still recommending it is legitimately insane.

Jim McMahon needs an intervention tbqh.

1 hour ago, AdamMFC said:

That's the bold Thelonius and Canada into the semi finals of the Copa America. I believe they'll face Argentina.

Lost 2-0 to them in the group, so fingers crossed the big man's finally gets a minute to seal a path to the final...

Posted (edited)

This is beyond tiresome now, this offer is absolutely rotten and the process around it all absolutely stinks.

Not sure how any Motherwell supporter can look at this and still think it's the right direction to go in. Folk aren't being anti-investment or anti-new ideas, they're being anti-shite offers and anti-selling the club they care about off to some random people for absolutely nothing. 

It's red flag after red flag with this "investment" offer. I don't mean to be rude here, but are those who are still for it actually reading the documents and analysing/questioning how these promises will be achieved? Or have they just decided they are against the Well Society? I'm not saying other investment opportunities aren't worth exploring, but people really seem to have bought into the narrative from the executive board that it 'has to be this one and it has to be now'. This is all really alarming. There is absolutely no substance to this Wild Sheep Sports offer.  

Motherwell fans have been sold empty promises in the past, let's not let it happen again. 

Edited by MurrayWell

7 hours ago, mwellhighland said:

I miss the days of coming on here and seeing 2 or 3 new pages. Not been on the thread in a few days and had another 20 pages, and some weird AI/app proposal, to catch up on. Hard going, genuinely impressed you all seem to be posting multiple times a day.

See you on Monday

It's that or work tbf, I wouldn't be that impressed.

1 hour ago, MurrayWell said:

This is beyond tiresome now, this offer is absolutely rotten and the process around it all absolutely stinks.

Not sure how any Motherwell supporter can look at this and still think it's the right direction to go in. Folk aren't being anti-investment or anti-new ideas, they're being anti-shite offers and anti-selling the club they care about off to some random people for absolutely nothing. 

It's red flag after red flag with this "investment" offer. I don't mean to be rude here, but are those who are still for it actually reading the documents and analysing/questioning how these promises will be achieved? Or have they just decided they are against the Well Society? I'm not saying other investment opportunities aren't worth exploring, but people really seem to have bought into the narrative from the executive board that it 'has to be this one and it has to be now'. This is all really alarming. There is absolutely no substance to this Wild Sheep Sports offer.  

Motherwell fans have been sold empty promises in the past, let's not let it happen again. 

Amen to that. 

Some folk will vote yes simply because there is an offer of external investment. Quite a few others because they believe what the Exec Board say. The latter being the biggest factor most probably. 

I wonder what the fall out will be either way. Hoping the vote goes against Wild Sheep does that mean the end of interest from Erik ? Ironically the biggest mistake made being the fact he negotiated this deal with the Exec Board when it is us the fans that will vote on it.

Probably not possible for all the reasons mentioned. But Erik and ourselves could have saved a shitload of time and effort if he had got the Well Society Board on side with any deal. That simple really. “Guys - what will it take to gain your backing and recommendation to WS members” ? For starters….

1. Gain commensurate control of Boardroom v financial investment.  So if Erik stumps up the £1.95m in year 1 to be drawn down at £300k PA. The fine take a controlling interest on the Exec Board.  Not for a pittance in year 1 and 2 when no one knows if you will be around after 2 years.

2. As above. We agree that £300k buys you roughly 7% of MFC shares each year. No buyback option for the WS. If it does not work out then Erik leaves and we wish him well. He still holds his 14% of shares that he can keep or sell to another buyer. 

3. Remove the contractual requirement for the WS to contribute at all. Other than as it is currently which is on a as and when needed basis. Maybe a commitment to help fund certain projects. But the WS control how much and for which projects the money can be used. This approach would also have helped preserve WS contributions if Erik deal was voted through imho.

Just some examples of where the deal would need to get too before I considered voting yes. 

What cannot happen in the event of a NO vote is Erik to come back and deal solely with the Exec Board and make a tweak here and there. That would be a total waste of time. I suspect he will move on but if nothing else he seems to have a hard on for our wee club….

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I think we have a football game today. Anyone up for discussing that? 

Any cheeky TV coverage of it for us not in the country? Had a look on my 'provider' and didn't see any. I'm assuming not as it's a friendly. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Any cheeky TV coverage of it for us not in the country? Had a look on my 'provider' and didn't see any. I'm assuming not as it's a friendly. 

Probably not. 

Expect a small crowd given the opposition. Anyone but a team that we played in the same league last year. Not all that exciting at all. That plus holidays.

I will head along for Edi City next weekend all being well. At least that is a competitive game. 

Edited by welldaft

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

What cannot happen in the event of a NO vote is Erik to come back and deal solely with the Exec Board and make a tweak here and there. That would be a total waste of time. I suspect he will move on but if nothing else he seems to have a hard on for our wee club….

The executive board are done if they lose, I wouldn't worry about that.

Understandable he's desperate for this deal to go through, it's an absolute bargain. Whether he returns or not in the event of a no is a litmus test of his claims...if he does, and is willing to negotiate within the Society's red lines, it's a positive sign. If not, it'll confirm the strong suspicion he's s chancer.

I go to all the games myself as a ST holder and today all my family want to go a 'day out' to the game, I will get nae piece to actually watch the game but heyho. Is it PATG or have to go up and get them pre match at ticket office?

3 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I go to all the games myself as a ST holder and today all my family want to go a 'day out' to the game, I will get nae piece to actually watch the game but heyho. Is it PATG or have to go up and get them pre match at ticket office?

You can buy from the ticket office or online. I don't think PATG is a thing now.Screenshot_20240706-102024.thumb.png.29fffd1d7f2fadacf04ef7218ce82605.png