Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

There is supposed to be a 75% majority to make major changes to the way the Well Society operates. If it didn't meet that threshold then imo the Well Society Board would be well within their rights to reject the deal.

Obviously it shoudln't get to that and hopefully a heavy majority will send Erik Barmack packing

One can only hope because getting into shenanigans, technically allowed by the rules or not, isn't a viable way forward. Not only would it give the impression of moving the goalposts, if 51%-plus of members effectively vote to end fan ownership for this shit, using legalese to block it and then telling them 'we know better' is pointless.

The Society would have been well within their rights to pull the emergency cord, bullet the executive board and start afresh (which is what I'd have done) but chose this path instead knowing full well the risks as well as the rewards. If they've miscalculated, we'll all suffer but reneging isn't an option imho.

5 hours ago, fatcalf said:

Did these last any length of time? I saw the Sheep clothing one, didn't see the other about 2.50pm. Had half an idea the stewards might have been instructed to rip them down. 

They were all still there at full time but had been untaped at the top by the looks of it so had flipped over and the messages couldn’t be read. 

Did I say untaped? I meant, the wind must have got them. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

And there’s the Nixon story. We were in for him when he left St Johnstone and he patched us.

Interesting we’d be in for another forward.

Got to imagine a bit of the Bair Billions will go towards this, if it was to happen. Always liked Hendry when he was up here and think he'd suit our system pretty well. 

Edited by MurrayWell

If we're going back to two up top, rather than 3-6-1, I could understand another striker to leave us on four when Bair is sold and Ferrie loaned out. However, I'd be surprised at the apparent strength in depth of whoever would be nominally fourth pick.

But assuming we're sticking 3-6-1, four strikers of that level just seems excessive...on the face of it another 10 type would seem a more logical boost instead.

I'd presumed we'd go with the three seniors plus Ferrie as last emergency.

9 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Got to imagine a bit of the Bair Billions will go towards this, if it was to happen. Always liked Hendry when he was up here and think he'd suit our system pretty well. 

But...what do you mean? Motherwell are skint and need investment to be able to "cOmpEtE". Jim McMahon has been warning about the £750k funding gap. We will lose £1.5m again this season...We need an APP. :)

@RandomGuy. is probably best placed to answer this but from memory Hendry seemed like someone who was better placed playing in a pair.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

But...what do you mean? Motherwell are skint and need investment to be able to "cOmpEtE". Jim McMahon has been warning about the £750k funding gap. We will lose £1.5m again this season...We need an APP. :)

@RandomGuy. is probably best placed to answer this but from memory Hendry seemed like someone who was better placed playing in a pair.

Oh shit, aye, sorry I forgot about the narrative there.

Erik will get the 50,000 app downloads easy if he makes it a requirement for access to our clash against an Old Firm XI at Wembley... 🙄

Edited by MurrayWell

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Sort of. He was great for us under TW when paired with May, arguably one of the best pairings we've had since promotion. Struggled in Davidsons daft 5-2-3 as a lone striker. Then thrived again when we paired with Middleton up front and Hallberg really high too. I think the issue is he needs support so the shape doesnt matter hugely if there's people close to him.

Unsure how Salford have used him, but he's vaguely similar to Tony Watt. Watt probably better at "playmaking" and dropping deep while Hendry is better poaching chances and finishing them.

I love him tbh, and think he'd be a great signing for pretty much every club in this division.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Posted (edited)

Heard from a few people yesterday we’re in the market for at least one more striker. Surprised me based on the business we’ve done so far but Hendry does make sense and we will need to wait for Bair to move I guess to pay a fee. 

Edited by MP_MFC

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If we're going back to two up top, rather than 3-6-1, I could understand another striker to leave us on four when Bair is sold and Ferrie loaned out. However, I'd be surprised at the apparent strength in depth of whoever would be nominally fourth pick.

But assuming we're sticking 3-6-1, four strikers of that level just seems excessive...on the face of it another 10 type would seem a more logical boost instead.

I'd presumed we'd go with the three seniors plus Ferrie as last emergency.

It's so we can go three up front when trailing with 10 minutes to go.

27 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It's so we can go three up front when trailing with 10 minutes to go.

Sure...but Hendry is under contract, doesn't seem to have failed there. Presumably we tempted Moses and Stupa to Scotland with some money as well, it just seems an awful lot of cash to cover a situation you're hoping to avoid.