Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

19 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Looks a strong side we have out tonight at the friendly against Linlithgow Rose.

Currently 1-0 up through a Miller penalty. 

Soft penalty I thought but well taken, SOD talking everyone through the match 

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Soft penalty I thought but well taken, SOD talking everyone through the match 

We need another three goals to make sure we're in the lead for when the testimonial man gets his penalty, then the two for his weans when they come on. 

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Good stuff from McGarry.

My dad's in his eighties and doesn't really follow social media (that's an understatement) but did read this in the Herald and commented how good an article it is. He'll be voting No.

1 hour ago, dezz said:

The weather and euros put me off for tonight but Linlithgow is 100% on my lower league day out list for next season. Easy to get to, plenty pubs and a great wee ground by all accounts. 

I did a pub crawl there and got a t shirt at the end of it. Lovely wee toon.

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

What position does the boy Wells play? I’ve seen him a few times but off the bench but couldn’t tell you anything about him. 

I always thought he was an attacking midfielder. 

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

What position does the boy Wells play? I’ve seen him a few times but off the bench but couldn’t tell you anything about him. 

Attacking midfield, I think; maybe at 10?

3 minutes ago, Jastons6 said:

Who is replacing Spittal this season?

I would imagine Nicholson is the hope for that, with support from Wells and others. Probably not a direct replacement for him but an aggregate.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jastons6 said:

Who is replacing Spittal this season?

If we're going back to a 5-3-2 then you'd look for the goals to come from other forward rather than an attacking midfielder. I suppose at present Nicholson is the closest to Spittal in style of play.

Edited by Vietnam91

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I think a problem this season will be the attempts to squeeze Harry Paton in. 

I'd like to see us bring another bit of attacking midfield quality in, hoping that's one of the three transfers Kettlewell is still looking at.

Think we've got decent depth across the midfield, but bar the exceptional talent of Miller, the quality Slattery has (when fit) and of course Nicholson (who I think has looked class since getting up to speed) they are all much of a muchness or projects. I don't mean that as a criticism, a lot of good pros, with experience, just would like us to bring in another player who can spark something. 

Edited by MurrayWell