Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You seemed very pro Erik Barmack's offer which would have nullified fan ownership. Have you changed your mind or have I misunderstood?

No you haven’t misunderstood. I was pro investment at first - assuming that greater level of detail and planning would be forthcoming. 

Lots of things then came to light, including some pretty detailed information on here that caused me to re-evaluate. I felt a bit silly for assuming all the detail would come, and it would be right, and that it would provide clarity - but I was wrong, and happy to admit as much! 

I still am pro investment - but with the right people, in the right situations and with the right terms. 

So yes, I did change my mind on that one. 

1 hour ago, SteelyDosser said:

Very difficult to choose, especially since Derek is up for re election. He's been top notch in my opinion 

Thanks for the kind words, Steely. Probably worth reminding everyone that you can select up to 4 candidates. 

That’s still not an easy task with the excellent level of candidates standing. I’m really impressed and regardless of the outcome I believe we’ll be in safe hands going forward. That said, I believe that some continuity would be beneficial and I feel that I’ve got unfinished business in regards to our strategy delivery and on some of the other initiatives that we’ve started moving with Brian Caldwell and Dawn at MFC Trust.

If re-elected, I will continue to make progress on delivering on our strategy and I will ensure that supporters are at the forefront of decision making.

Edited by DerekWatson

35 minutes ago, DerekWatson said:

Thanks for the kind words, Steely. Probably worth reminding everyone that you can select up to 4 candidates. 

That’s still not an easy task with the excellent level of candidates standing. I’m really impressed and regardless of the outcome I believe we’ll be in safe hands going forward. That said, I believe that some continuity would be beneficial and I feel that I’ve got unfinished business in regards to our strategy delivery and on some of the other initiatives that we’ve started moving with Brian Caldwell and Dawn at MFC Trust.

If re-elected, I will continue to make progress on delivering on our strategy and I will ensure that supporters are at the forefront of decision making.

You’ve got 1 of my votes for sure. Some continuity will be extremely valuable going forward and you’ve certainly put the effort in over the last few years. 
Best of luck for re-election Derek. 

52 minutes ago, Gaag97 said:

No you haven’t misunderstood. I was pro investment at first - assuming that greater level of detail and planning would be forthcoming. 

Lots of things then came to light, including some pretty detailed information on here that caused me to re-evaluate. I felt a bit silly for assuming all the detail would come, and it would be right, and that it would provide clarity - but I was wrong, and happy to admit as much! 

I still am pro investment - but with the right people, in the right situations and with the right terms. 

Fair play Gaag. 

I must admit, I was quite surprised to see you in support of the EB offer previously, but kudos for explaining the context. 

I think a lot of people who don't frequent P&B or SO, may very well have been similar, expecting the "basics" to be / have been addressed, when it was plainly obvious, after some detective work that would put Jessica Fletcher to shame, that most definitely was not the case.

9 minutes ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

Surprisingly on this forum, no mention of the sneaky price rises at the food kiosks. 

It's to be expected really but I was not ready for the price of a Bovril, coffee and pie the other day. Over a tenner I'm sure it was. 

28 minutes ago, Jastons6 said:

Meal deal up to £7.50

Need to maximise takings considering the food stall in the main stand was closed at 49 minutes during the Patrick game.

this could be normal, but I always we thought we got a bit longer than that

2 hours ago, DerekWatson said:

You will have one of my votes Derek. I think you managed to conduct yourself very well during the Barmack interest and you speak very sensibly on a number of topics from what I’ve seen/heard. I also think you represent our younger fan community very well.

I’ll need to watch the clips to make a judgement on anyone else.

Edited by TheMighty

From my perspective, all the candidates came across as both passionate, and articulate. In my opinion, whomever gets elected has the potential to serve the WS, and club well.

Having last week started a fresh contract, I've not been as active here versus the prior months. However, work wise, things are now settling down into a routine.

As others have stated upthread, I believe the WS and club are in an improved position versus the Spring.

4 hours ago, Gaag97 said:

Thanks Keith.

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This is quite a wholesome story.

Good lad. Seems to have a calm head on his shoulders thinking of his future at such a young age - best of luck to him. 

Only just now had the chance to watch the pitches of those vying for places on the board, and really encouraged by the wide-ranging skill sets and enthusiasm evident from all. A real broad base of talents and knowledge that, together, could combine to make a really positive force to drive the Society and club forward.

Following his sterling work on the Barmack debacle and very obvious passion for the cause, electing @Vietnam91 should be a no brainer imho and, likewise, the re-election of @DerekWatson to allow him the chance to see through the work on the new Society vision that he's evidently worked hard on helping to implement and is fully invested in. There are a couple of other really strong contenders in there too, and good luck to all.