Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The Irons media dynasty continues. I assume this is a 3rd sibling after Lewis and Amy.

I'm sure their dad is former St.Johnstone player Davie Irons which makes the abuse even funnier for some reason. Imagine going to watch one of your dad's old clubs and being threatened with having a microphone shoved up your arse.

I'm fairly certain Kelly Dalglish won't ever have had anything like that shouted at her at Anfield.

Never change Scottish Football

57 minutes ago, Desp said:

I miss the days of Jock Brown absolutely f**king adoring Barry Maguire. Simpler times. 

And pointing out various crimes being committed on Rickie Lamie. 

33 minutes ago, weemac said:

I'm sure their dad is former St.Johnstone player Davie Irons which makes the abuse even funnier for some reason. Imagine going to watch one of your dad's old clubs and being threatened with having a microphone shoved up your arse.

I'm fairly certain Kelly Dalglish won't ever have had anything like that shouted at her at Anfield.

Never change Scottish Football

I think Davie Irons St Johnstone "legacy" died when he aligned himself with Gretna.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think Davie Irons St Johnstone "legacy" died when he aligned himself with Gretna.

Ah fair enough, I didnt realise there was a bit of ill feeling there.  I just remember watching him in the St.Johnstone team that was promoted in the early 90's and assumed he would be held in high regard.

1 minute ago, weemac said:

Ah fair enough, I didnt realise there was a bit of ill feeling there.  I just remember watching him in the St.Johnstone team that was promoted in the early 90's and assumed he would be held in high regard.

Think it's one of those ones that's depends on your generation. For a large chunk of Saints fans he's more connected to Gretna than us.

I must say I really enjoyed Craig Fowler and Tony Anderson on the weekly Terrace Podcast describing us as 'set piece kings'. Early days but it's some turn around from the cluster f**k that was Motherwell at set pieces last season.

4 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I must say I really enjoyed Craig Fowler and Tony Anderson on the weekly Terrace Podcast describing us as 'set piece kings'. Early days but it's some turn around from the cluster f**k that was Motherwell at set pieces last season.

They've not even seen Balmer launching his long throws yet.

See some questions being asked on twitter around why Barron is in the Scotland squad over Miller, not really sure what the reason is other than "Rangers" but also wonder if it is literally only due to Barron being that bit older and maybe Clarke preferring to let Lennon keep playing in the 21s albeit that would be contradicted by the likes of Doak being present. 

4 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

See some questions being asked on twitter around why Barron is in the Scotland squad over Miller, not really sure what the reason is other than "Rangers" but also wonder if it is literally only due to Barron being that bit older and maybe Clarke preferring to let Lennon keep playing in the 21s albeit that would be contradicted by the likes of Doak being present. 

How Clarke can't see that a midfield of Billy Gilmour and Lennon Miller would be our version of Spain 2008 is insane. 90% possession against most teams.

14 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Quite happy for Lennon to work his way up the age groups, he has done U19s so should establish himself with the U21s then take the World Cup by storm.