Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, MurrayWell said:

Great news, well deserved after his start to the season. 

It's interesting because it feels like he's established himself as a first team option in a really short space of time and this kind of cements that.

The entirely reasonable assumption was that Seddon would be first choice and there was even conversation as to whether or not Wilson was part of the "Development Group" that Kettlewell had earmarked for loans or whether he'd be kept around as cover.

It wasn't *that* long ago that questions were being asked of him after a Betfred group stage game.

Now he's put in a bunch of good performances, he's got himself a u21 call-up and you'd think (hope) he'd be quite high up our list of expiring contracts to sort out in the near future.

Anyway, away from all of that...4th place is ON lads. :)

Fwiw, here's how their modelling worked out for us last season.

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's interesting because it feels like he's established himself as a first team option in a really short space of time and this kind of cements that.

The entirely reasonable assumption was that Seddon would be first choice and there was even conversation as to whether or not Wilson was part of the "Development Group" that Kettlewell had earmarked for loans or whether he'd be kept around as cover.

It wasn't *that* long ago that questions were being asked of him after a Betfred group stage game.

Completely agree, being honest I thought he would have been sent out on loan again this season, then he appeared to look better in the midfield than at left back at times in the league cup.

Fully expected Seddon to be first choice, and that may well happen at some point, but Wilson has been excellent so far this league season and looks to be growing in confidence with each game. 

Talking of tickets I came across this today. Coming to Scotland soon, no doubt.

"Following the global trend in shows, sporting events and entertainment, Valencia will join this practice, which has the support and technology of La Liga. Tickets will therefore go on sale at a base price, which could increase as the days go by. Buying your tickets early will ensure you get the best price."

38 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

That is some rise from Wilson after the Stirling loan didn’t go to plan last year. Fair play to the boy. 

The Stirling fans are somewhat confused as to why he didn’t get more game time.  The match I saw he got man of the match. Albion were relegated and the manager sacked. 

1 minute ago, ropy said:

The Stirling fans are somewhat confused as to why he didn’t get more game time.  The match I saw he got man of the match. Albion were relegated and the manager sacked. 

There's yer answer😁

35 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Did I dream it or did Halliday call him Dougie on Open Goal this week?

I think I heard someone say that on the video from the Club on last minute goals, too.

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The Dougie nickname thing was explained somewhere ages ago.

I can’t remember where or what the story was behind it.

Who are you and what have you done with capt_oats?