Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, GrantRussell said:

I get it. Definitely. Please don't feel like I am having a pop back either. Simply trying to put my head above the parapet and answer what's being said. That and nobody got me Inspirational Quotes Volume Two for Christmas, so we're stuck.

For what it's worth, we're all trying hard to bring extra stuff aside from what's happening on the pitch. Inside Motherwell, for example. The wait to get back into the stadium is infuriating, I know.

I don't think anyone here is having a personal pop at anyone doing the social media. By and large the content is good. The Inside Motherwell stuff is dead interesting (for me anyway).

Running a social media account for a club that isn't winning must be a pretty thankless task. Where I find it infuriating is posting "some wrongs to right" after a game where we plainly made a complete arse of ourselves. Seeing it being spun in such a way as to say we were wronged is a bit weird. 

Do I think the social media work is good? Yes. Do I also think there's a point where it can be a bit tone deaf to folk who watch us every week? Also yes.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If I ever find myself getting a bit pissed off at something we've posted I just cast my mind back to Twist and Pout or simping for Alex Bruce and it all seems insignificant in comparisons.

HAHAHAHAHAH I FORGOT ABOUT TWIST & POUT. 

What a time. 

As a "yer da" I can remember the time when the only information available about what was happening at the club  was what you read in the papers (and that wasn't a lot). It was very frustrating trying to find out what was happening behind the scenes and relying on your pals telephoning you to let you in on the latest rumour. You practically craved information it was that thin on the ground.

We've now gone full circle to the point where you practically know every time a player has gone for a shite and social media gives everyone the chance to voice their opinion. Sometimes it feels like information overload.

Something in the middle would be nice.

19 minutes ago, santheman said:

As a "yer da" I can remember the time when the only information available about what was happening at the club  was what you read in the papers (and that wasn't a lot). It was very frustrating trying to find out what was happening behind the scenes and relying on your pals telephoning you to let you in on the latest rumour. You practically craved information it was that thin on the ground.

We've now gone full circle to the point where you practically know every time a player has gone for a shite and social media gives everyone the chance to voice their opinion. Sometimes it feels like information overload.

Something in the middle would be nice.

What about the club’s dial-a-message hotline (can’t remember what it was called) the height of technology in the ‘80s

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I don't think anyone here is having a personal pop at anyone doing the social media. By and large the content is good. The Inside Motherwell stuff is dead interesting (for me anyway).

Running a social media account for a club that isn't winning must be a pretty thankless task. Where I find it infuriating is posting "some wrongs to right" after a game where we plainly made a complete arse of ourselves. Seeing it being spun in such a way as to say we were wronged is a bit weird. 

Do I think the social media work is good? Yes. Do I also think there's a point where it can be a bit tone deaf to folk who watch us every week? Also yes.

"Some wrongs to right" was supposed to be the errors acknowledged by Trevor that were made by the team... but I get how that's not come across as intended.

15 minutes ago, GrantRussell said:

"Some wrongs to right" was supposed to be the errors acknowledged by Trevor that were made by the team... but I get how that's not come across as intended.

I took it that way, it’s for the team to right things.  Starting with Trev bollocking everybody to get them in the right frame of mind. Declan take note.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

What about the club’s dial-a-message hotline (can’t remember what it was called) the height of technology in the ‘80s

Shit, I wish you hadn't posted that as it's going to keep me up all night trying to remember what it was called. Think you could dial in after 4pm on a Friday or something like that.

Grant can you help mate??

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I don’t even know what simping means.

Being a 'Simp' is essentially sucking up in order to gain approval.  Usually used in the context of guys doing it to lassies.

Edited by Richie

I don't enjoy the snippety parts of the socials at times. After a honking loss "we need to improve" & "Putting extra hours in" are not the type of simple things I like to see. Regardless if it's a snippet from the audio in the vids.

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

HAHAHAHAHAH I FORGOT ABOUT TWIST & POUT. 

What a time. 

Murrant defo wasn't a wrong 'un, his insta photography defo isn't for the watching, nothing creepy there.

40 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Murrant defo wasn't a wrong 'un, his insta photography defo isn't for the watching, nothing creepy there.

I unfollowed him because the weird mix of boudoir photos of his burd followed immediately by photos of his wean was making me feel very, very uncomfortable.

6 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Our recent form plus the lack of "proper" fitba could be getting to me and I'm probably ranting about nothing. Please feel free to call me out if that's the case but it feels like we've left a 15 year old lassie in charge of our social media recently.

This is me TBH. I think I'm normally at the positive end of the spectrum as far as yer da's go - but the lack of actual games to go to has made me variably uninterested (I've "missed" plenty of games this season where the stream is free for me and haven't paid for a single away game) and snarky about stuff that is being done with the best of intentions (like trying to put a positive spin on a highlight-less season).  

FWIW, I don't think the output from the club has got worse - you could actually argue the opposite as they have to do more with *way* less - but without the context of a live game to base it around, it does come over as pretty redundant at times. 

I honestly think Ryan Murrant has brought out more seethe in me than any player or manager. I've remained relatively placid throughout relegation dogfights but I was regularly fucking fizzing at some of the shite the official account was hitting out with on Twitter.