Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

King Push videos in the Motherwell thread, once again proving us to be the soundest fanbase about.

On the Graham Alexander chat; yeah please, least we might coach them to score a fucking penalty once in a while with him in charge.

We haven't look coached this season and while today might be too soon I'm hoping we can start to look like a team that knows what it is meant to be doing and with a particular shape. We've played teams and you can see they play with a system and look well-coached. We've never looked anywhere close to that in a long time and play as a team of individuals - unfortunately I'm not confident Lasley is going to change that as he's been part of the set-up.

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm working under the assumption that this isn't good Trevor Carson news....

It is sound judgement with our record this season to have 3 keepers about the place.  Haven’t heard anything specific on Carson.  

One thing today does is reinforce the fact that Keith Lasley cannot and should not be our next permanent manager. We need drastic change at the club and handing the job to the assistant of the previous manager with a squad of players who largely don't give a f**k is not the answer.

A new broom is needed.

Most of the squad has to go. May aswell get the youth in as I don't see many of our squad giving a f**k now.

I know it’s ‘the model’ and all that, but losing what I’m assuming was meant to be the next batch of youngsters in Scott, McAlear and McKinstry before they could have any impact the first team (Scott aside) is pretty frustrating. Even more so when we’re left with absolute dug shite like Mugabi and Chapman.

The problem is we don't seem to have anyone coming through the youth ranks that would make much difference just now. We have no one at the level of Turnbull or Scott waiting in the wings to save our season.

Our recruitment policy also needs to be seriously overhauled, we need to look somewhere other than the arse end of the English lower leagues.

6 minutes ago, dezz said:

I know it’s ‘the model’ and all that, but losing what I’m assuming was meant to be the next batch of youngsters in Scott, McAlear and McKinstry before they could have any impact the first team (Scott aside) is pretty frustrating. Even more so when we’re left with absolute dug shite like Mugabi and Chapman.

I don't think selling boys before they get near the first team should be the model - because it's going to cause a big gap that we are seeing where we are more reliant on bringing in players from the lower leagues down south, which as we see is a hugely risky enterprise. When we have young players in the reserves, we watch them every day in training and in their matches, so we know when they are ready. 

As far as I'm concerned, the model should 100% involve us getting to enjoy the best young players for a couple of years before we sell them - otherwise it becomes purely a financial transaction that very likely weakens the first team.