Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think Cadden's absolutely pish tbh. For someone that's supposedly an attacking fullback/ midfielder I don't recall him ever actually influencing a game in a positive sense with any regularity.

I will accept the regularity bit but he did have his moments early on.

24 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think Cadden's absolutely pish tbh. For someone that's supposedly an attacking fullback/ midfielder I don't recall him ever actually influencing a game in a positive sense with any regularity.

When he broke into the team playing on the right mid of McGhee's lopsided 442 he was great value as an out ball as he could get us up the park but (IMO) he's nowhwere near technical enough to play as a CM or a winger.

Robinson tried him out as an #8/#10 for a bit and it was fucking tragic. He wasn't good enough on the ball  to pick out passes or dictate the middle of the park.

Tbh, moving to RB as he seems to have done at Oxford and Columbus probably makes most sense for him. His whole selling point is his engine rather than him actually being a good technical footballer.

Edited by capt_oats

Chris Cadden's main attribute is that he could run all day long. Technically he isn't that great a player. Playing at right back probably suits him best with that.

Fair play to him for turning that into a stint in the states where he's being paid handsomely alongside the lifestyle that comes with it. If you'd offered me that at 22 I'd have ripped your hands off.

Don’t get me wrong, no one is setting the heather on fire at the moment, but any role Cadden could come in and improve isn’t particularly a priority for me.

A keeper, A centre back who is a leader, a centre mid who can do what Polworth currently isn’t, a creative forward and a b*****d of a penalty box striker are all ahead of any role Cadden could fill on my shopping list.

I think with Hartley and Tait, not many people are debating whether they were “finished” or not. Both were on the decline last season. However, on evidence of this season, both on the decline are better than anything we’ve brought in since. Hartley would at least be a slight improvement on Lamie and Mugabi and would at least offer some short of leadership we are currently missing. I say this as someone who was never fully convinced by him after his permanent signing. Less shite is what we seem to be longing for.

The McGinley thing is a big mystery to me too. But the fact that at now two different people have decided that Lamie and/or Mugabi is better than him rings alarm bells for me.

Surely Morrison needs to play through the “not being Aaron Chapman” rule on Saturday, similar to when Russell Griffiths played through the “not being Craig Samson” rule.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

I see Graham Alexander's name has appeared on SkyBet's odds list 2nd favourite at 9/4 after Lasley at 11/10 but ahead of Tommy Wright at 11/2.

I know bookies odds mean f**k all at this sort of stage but is this just a case of someone reading that Record article about potential candidates and sticking a tenner on him or has there been anything actually linking him to the job?

Not that it means anything but Robinson was at Preston at the same time as Alexander 2000-2002.

1586523240_ScreenShot2021-01-03at20_37_07.png.1f572363edee393c1aab4901b25fc528.png

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I see Graham Alexander's name has appeared on SkyBet's odds list 2nd favourite at 9/4 after Lasley at 11/10 but ahead of Tommy Wright at 11/2.

I know bookies odds mean f**k all at this sort of stage but is this just a case of someone reading that Record article about potential candidates and sticking a tenner on him or has there been anything actually linking him to the job?

Not that it means anything but Robinson was at Preston at the same time as Alexander 2000-2002.

1586523240_ScreenShot2021-01-03at20_37_07.png.1f572363edee393c1aab4901b25fc528.png

Would be one of my choices, did reasonably well for Salford, unfairly sacked this season, be sure to have some knowledge of the Scottish game and will sure have some decent contacts to bring in players. Also having watching the Salford documentary seems fairly ambitious and tries to play the correct way. 

20 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Would be one of my choices, did reasonably well for Salford, unfairly sacked this season, be sure to have some knowledge of the Scottish game and will sure have some decent contacts to bring in players. Also having watching the Salford documentary seems fairly ambitious and tries to play the correct way. 

According to Neville they sacked him because he was doing well. So that's something.

He said: “Graham had done a great job for the club over two seasons and the ambition of the club has been quite clear from day one: we want promotion every single season.

“The first manager that left the club was third in the league, the second who left the club had won promotion and Graham was in a really good position in the league, but we always change at a point where we’re doing quite well.

“It’s been our methodology for the last seven or eight years. Sometimes our own personal beliefs in how you approach management is different to the club’s in terms of what we have to do here.

“We were a little disappointed in last season’s performance but Graham getting one promotion, getting us to a cup final and being fifth in the league, it wasn’t a reflection on him as he’s a fantastic manager who did a good job for us.”

Link

Going by his Wiki he left Scunthorpe when they were 5th in League 1 and got Fleetwood promoted.

I mean, I'm not banging a drum for him either way it was just interesting to see his name appear relatively high in the bookies odds given he wasn't a name that had been quoted earlier.

29 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Tbf at this point I couldn't care less how shit we are to watch as long as we start winning games. 

Surely Steve Evans being on the list is some sort of sick joke? If that crooked fat c**t is appointed that'll be me done with the fitba.

I’ve even seen John Kennedy mentioned. I’ll have to pack it in if the clubs ambitions are that low.

31 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Surely Steve Evans being on the list is some sort of sick joke? If that crooked fat c**t is appointed that'll be me done with the fitba.

If it comes down to a toss up between him and a combination of, or either of,Mo Ross and Keith Lasley...

...I'll be happy wae the fat crook 

52 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Hes Scottish and his body colour is either claret or amber, dependent on his mood.

Perfect fit.

I see Bobby Zlamal has been told he can leave Hearts.

He’s bang average but I’d gladly take him on a 6 month deal if Carson is out longer term and it means Chapman is never seen again, because bang average is significantly better than what we’ve got right now.

On the Tommy Wright thing, if we want him just go get him in. This 4 games for Lasley chat could see is adrift by the end of Jan the way things are going.