Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Today in Declan Holds all the Cards news:

Declan Gallagher looks set to remain at Motherwell until the end of the season unless a significant bid is received in January.

The Fir Park side are set to land a lucrative windfall if the defender represents Scotland in the Euros this summer and it is likely to require a considerable six-figure bid for Motherwell to entertain offers in this month's transfer window.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/exclusive-declan-gallagher-set-fir-23341573?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Declan Gallagher looks set to remain at Motherwell until the end of the season unless a significant bid is received in January.

Player will stay with club he's under contract too unless someone pays a transfer fee to take him away. 

I see the Daily Record have got the inside scoop once again! 

57 minutes ago, Swello said:

11 minutes ago, Swello said:

Also good to see that rock solid story from <checks notes> yesterday of him going to Utd is surprisingly being "played down".

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, supermarv said:

I simply said the club “enquired” meaning the club have approached Preston in the last 2 windows. Simply just passing on information that I was told, same person who told me we were signing a Scottish player who was based down in England last week but I guess you’ll have forgotten that one.

Its hardly a surprise as Preston have offered him to clubs to take him on loan until the end of the season, however if you actually read my post I’d have said about his injury/ fitness issues which may not be worth the risk.

Laughable. Simply untrue and same every window when you resurface.

“Enquired” for Moult yet, courted & signed Jordan White 🤔

Forgotten that one? Signing the Scottish player from England was hardly a revelation - player admitted that in his post signing interview. Holding it up as some sort of virtue for your source being correct is a bit of a stretch.

“Hardly a surprise?” A freelance journalist playing on a link from Preston to Hearts new recruitment staff is offering him on loan? I did read your post in relation to fitness issue - it was in contradiction your opening gambit. Timescales render it highly unlikely Scotland as being a credible destination given the window is up in less than a fortnight.

Do yourself a favour, I’m certainly not anymore ITK than the next, just happen to come across information that is better & checks out with more than 1 other. It really isn’t that difficult.

2 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Still waiting Nicky Law to sign for Sheffield Utd which was done and dusted years ago according to ITKFringe 😂

Not quite getting that, said my piece elsewhere. Never once claimed to be ITK, those that know will back that.

2098295956_ScreenShot2021-01-19at10_03_36.png.7cbf76522a48c9515c59774ab3339c3d.png

Is the "not simply rolling over and letting others tickle their tummy. About time we started playing hardball" line the most played out Motherwell trope going? Not for me to say, but yes.

In Robinson's time alone we brought in £6m+ in transfer revenue. Wild that this still seems to be a stock response any time there's mention of a player possibly moving.

1373326785_ScreenShot2021-01-19at10_13_20.png.8622d0641fb0755d5b5306f916407c0b.png

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Don't forget the two Dutch wingers.

Sizeable chunk of our support & Nijmegen’s were in on that as was a senior figure at the club - got the groupies (not fans) we have heads spinning at some rate.

Borne from collecting two of the Nijmegen lads who’d travelled to meet friends & go to the game that weekend given the links that have been forged between the two clubs.

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Is the "not simply rolling over and letting others tickle their tummy. About time we started playing hardball" line the most played out Motherwell trope going? Not for me to say, but yes.

In Robinson's time alone we brought in £6m+ in transfer revenue. Wild that this still seems to be a stock response any time there's mention of a player possibly moving.

See like 10 years ago when we were letting Jamie Murphy, Mark Reynolds etc go for buttons. I'd have bought this line. Now it's just the laziest take going. 

I think the Marvin Johnson transfer was the turning point and a break from the laughable transfer strategy that we had under Dempster where we had f**k-all to show for our best team this century. His agent was clearly shocked that we were holding out for a decent amount and acted with all the grace and decorum of Neil Lennon being asked a question about the price of a pint in Dubai.

Since we got a good deal for Johnson, I can't think of many times we've been weak on transfers recently. The Cadden thing was a stitch up that the club could do nothing about and the only other complaint is our best young players leaving before we get any benefit from them but even then, we probably got more money in for youth players than we did in the entire time Dempster was running things.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Is the "not simply rolling over and letting others tickle their tummy. About time we started playing hardball" line the most played out Motherwell trope going?

It's a Scottish football thing.

Every time you lose at home it's because you've played one up front.

Every player who leaves should've been given a 10 year contract and its the clubs fault he didnt sign one.

Every player is worth more than what they're sold for.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a Scottish football thing.

Every time you lose at home it's because you've played one up front.

Every player who leaves should've been given a 10 year contract and its the clubs fault he didnt sign one.

Every player is worth more than what they're sold for.

This is what's known as the Dom Thomas Paradox in these parts. 

You sign up a youngster to a 4 year deal when they haven't done much. Then you realise when, after 2 years, they've managed a total of one assist you're now stuck with them. 

9 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

This is what's known as the Dom Thomas Paradox in these parts. 

Remember that time when he went on a Twitter rant about the state of modern day Scottish Football after he watched a local team training and all they did was run around the park for an hour with no sign of a football? 

Turns out it was a running club... 

Mr 40% sell-on. What a boy! Guaranteed he'll be in the pub in 10 years time saying he'd have made it bigger if it wasn't for *insert multiple excuses here*.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Remember that time when he went on a Twitter rant about the state of modern day Scottish Football after he watched a local team training and all they did was run around the park for an hour with no sign of a football? 

Mr 40% sell-on. What a boy! Guaranteed he'll be in the pub in 10 years time saying he'd have made it bigger if it wasn't for *insert multiple excuses here*.

That's such an underrated bit of nonsense for me. Absolutely done me in at the time. 

I think my favourite was when he saw a junkie nick a lassies phone and tried to chase him until he gave up cause the junkie was too quick.

That pretty much sums him up.

I fucking despised Dom Thomas.

What's this [emoji23]?

But aye, Dom Thomas was pish and also a wee spice boy c**t to go along with it. The only thing of note he ever did for us was nutmegging Jim Goodwin.

10 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

What's this emoji23.png?

But aye, Dom Thomas was pish and also a wee spice boy c**t to go along with it. The only thing of note he ever did for us was nutmegging Jim Goodwin.

Is that available as a gif by any chance - it was delicious.

HAHAHAHA REALLY?
I completely missed this.

Aye.

Sadly the wee rat cleans his twitter every week or so so unless some intrepid contributor screenshotted it or knows of a twitter way back machine to find it it's probably gone.