Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Laughable. Simply untrue and same every window when you resurface.

“Enquired” for Moult yet, courted & signed Jordan White 🤔

Forgotten that one? Signing the Scottish player from England was hardly a revelation - player admitted that in his post signing interview. Holding it up as some sort of virtue for your source being correct is a bit of a stretch.

“Hardly a surprise?” A freelance journalist playing on a link from Preston to Hearts new recruitment staff is offering him on loan? I did read your post in relation to fitness issue - it was in contradiction your opening gambit. Timescales render it highly unlikely Scotland as being a credible destination given the window is up in less than a fortnight.

Do yourself a favour, I’m certainly not anymore ITK than the next, just happen to come across information that is better & checks out with more than 1 other. It really isn’t that difficult.

“Same every window?” I’ve said it for the last 2 windows as that was the information I was given that we had simply “enquired” about the availability of Moult never said it was happening. 

Also I don’t claim to be ITK I just pass on information that I’m given which the last 2 times in this window has been true and most for the past windows... 

Some things will no doubt be wrong and with comments on here made about yourself from others it certainly seems like you’ve had plenty things that haven’t happened from your information. 

51 minutes ago, Desp said:

Remember that time when he went on a Twitter rant about the state of modern day Scottish Football after he watched a local team training and all they did was run around the park for an hour with no sign of a football? 

Turns out it was a running club... 

Mr 40% sell-on. What a boy! Guaranteed he'll be in the pub in 10 years time saying he'd have made it bigger if it wasn't for *insert multiple excuses here*.

Added that he’s got his own football academy training kids...

Mental how everything good Dom Thomas done in a Motherwell jersey is in that one .gif, eh. 
Disappointed to see it wasn't quite a nutmeg (but he did completely skin him) - boo! Did he not also skin someone and set up a Sutton goal in an early game/debut? Maybe against St. Johnstone?
Other than that I really can't remember him making much contribution although he seems to be doing well at Dunfermline.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Disappointed to see it wasn't quite a nutmeg (but he did completely skin him) - boo! Did he not also skin someone and set up a Sutton goal in an early game/debut? Maybe against St. Johnstone?
Other than that I really can't remember him making much contribution although he seems to be doing well at Dunfermline.

Aye that's literally his only assist for us. When we let him leave the outrage was mental imo. He'd basically been a first team player for 3-4 seasons and had managed one solitary assist. 

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yeah, that's right, it was in a 1-1 draw under Baraclough, the only point we gained in a run of 8 games.

On the talk of 3.5 year deals at that time, I just had to google Luke Watt to see where he was now. Unsurprised to see it's Linlithgow Rose. 

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Yeah, that's right, it was in a 1-1 draw under Baraclough, the only point we gained in a run of 8 games.

On the talk of 3.5 year deals at that time, I just had to google Luke Watt to see where he was now. Unsurprised to see it's Linlithgow Rose. 

Tbf to Luke Watt he was kicking about in Croatia for NK Novigrad and it looks like a lovely part of the world. Decent work if you can get it. 

13 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

9 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Cheers. If only we had someone who could finish like John Sutton.

Slightly related I see Alexander's been talking about transfers and what not.

“I need to assess what is in the building first. Where the club is in the league table isn’t ideal but I don’t think it’s a true reflection of the boys we have in there. But the league table doesn’t lie.

“I want to give them opportunities before I make decisions on them and make decisions on bringing people into the club. We want to keep the quality we already have at the club then add to that.

“If we feel we can bring someone in who will improve it and not just be another body, we will. They can’t be another number, they have got to improve the team. That’s what we will do if we can.”

Link

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Slightly related I see Alexander's been talking about transfers and what not.

If only we had the luxury of more than 12 days until the transfer window closes. 

He could do worse than come on here and he will see who is not good enough 😉🤷‍♂️

In all seriousness I get the need to be fair or at least to be sound to be fair but 2-3 weeks is not really long enough to make a proper assessment on any player if he is being serious. You would imagine therefore he has not been told to get bodies out before we get any more additions. 

Kelly coming in and Carroll getting back has made a difference. Mugabi being gaff free for two weeks. Cole scoring 2 in 2 and signing Lawless. All coming together and helping. But we have no strength in-depth up front and in midfield. Even in central defence. We are an injury away to Watt/Cole and in defence from being in bother again. 

I guess the reality is our poorer players are unlikely to have anyone clamouring to sign them. So unless we do a deal or they drop a level then hard to see where the movement will be this window. 

Q - Crawford loan deal with Livi was up on Sunday. The fact he started - does this mean we are likely to keep him. Do we want to keep him or try for another midfielder. I think he had been OK but only that. Harsh perhaps but...

Edited by welldaft

On Crawford he is ok but just that. Does pick up a lot of loose balls but still think he lacks physicality. Remember one tackle on Sunday where he just bounced off the Rangers player.

GA must know some 6' plus experienced hatchet man down south not getting a game who would give us a bit of height and steel in midfield.

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

“Same every window?” I’ve said it for the last 2 windows as that was the information I was given that we had simply “enquired” about the availability of Moult never said it was happening. 

Also I don’t claim to be ITK I just pass on information that I’m given which the last 2 times in this window has been true and most for the past windows... 

Some things will no doubt be wrong and with comments on here made about yourself from others it certainly seems like you’ve had plenty things that haven’t happened from your information. 

😂 Turn it up.

4 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Why so many knee injuries? I can understand 1 or 2 but we seem to have so many of them for a single club.

Donnelly actually describes what happened with his. He slipped in training and the two bones sliced his meniscus (it was a meniscus tear Carson had as well).

Fox is an ACL is it not?