Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The Liam Kelly for Scotland hype-train officially starts here...

It would probably have had more hype if we hadn't conceded straight from the resultant corner. At full speed, it looked even better.

I'm all for it, what a keeper. He's far better than McCrorie and he's been called up.

Kelly got a call up with us, he's a decent age as well. Can be assumed if he continues his Livi form with Motherwell he's a Scotland future starter

1 hour ago, Swello said:

It would probably have had more hype if we hadn't conceded straight from the resultant corner. At full speed, it looked even better.

Aye. That angle doesn't really do it justice.

The ball starts wide but swerves towards the bottom corner really late.

giphy.gif

In other news I see that's Rowett all but confirmed it was Millwall who had the "substantial" offer for Campbell kb'd. I know Bienkowski's "understanding" will have been legit given who his former work colleagues are but putting 2+2 together from the quote below and the speculation through the window isn't hard:

Rowett said: “We had some really good targets, a couple of young players in Scotland who have done really well at their clubs and we saw real potential for the future – not necessarily right now."

“The offers that we made were rejected by their clubs and the clubs have every right to do that. They are contractually tied to the club – whether they are players we will pursue in the summer remains to be seen."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

That's SOD saying he kb'd a couple of clubs during the January window before signing his extension.

Right. Give him the captaincy permanently (I'm only half joking here btw).

O'Donnell added: "I'm just trying to make decisions that are best for myself and my family and just now I'm thoroughly enjoying my time at Motherwell.

"There were a couple of other offers, certainly at the start of the window. I was able to go, but I was very content, I didn't need to go, and if it wasn't right for me or my family I wasn't going to go, so that's where it ended."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was probably holding out for Celtic after it became clear Frimpong was getting the f**k out of dodge, tbh.

Well, quite. I think it's fair to say had Celtic been chapping our door then he wouldn't still be with us. Equally, it's safe to assume that Celtic were not one of the clubs he kb'd.

Edited by capt_oats

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Well, quite. I think it's fair to say had Celtic been chapping our door then he wouldn't still be with us. Equally, it's safe to assume that Celtic were not one of the clubs he kb'd.

I just enjoy being able to cynically scoff when players hold out for ages and then claim they wanted to stay.

We had it with Murray Davidson years ago. Didn't extend his deal, tried to get a move down South, our offer ended up being the best one so he re-signed, saying he didn't want to be anywhere else 😂

Guest superward

With Wee Al's goal on Saturday it made me think when he leaves it will be a bit of an end of an era in regards a good load of players making the jump from youth to first team in quick succession or together.

Ended up then at the youth cup final v Hearts from a few years ago on YouTube.

Not a bad group at all - all made it somewhere albeit at different levels.

Long, Watt, McMillan, Ferguson, Hall, Campbell, MacLean (Hastie 90), Turnbull (Leitch 71), Mackin (Falconer 77) Thomas, Cadden. 

Edited by superward

Everybody found their place in the game apart from Falconer, then eventually he did, I was almost ticking them off.  Saw Mackin play games for Stirling Albion, still didn’t look like a player but was effective at that level.

5 hours ago, ropy said:

Everybody found their place in the game apart from Falconer, then eventually he did, I was almost ticking them off.  Saw Mackin play games for Stirling Albion, still didn’t look like a player but was effective at that level.

I remember when we went up and had our Player of the Year awards piss up straight after the Partick away game (scenes btw), I was outside talking to Jack McMillan who was bigging Dylan Mackin up saying he's easily going to hit double figures in the Premiership :D To be fair we were both steaming so can be excused for what is probably the biggest shite talk ever.

The goals he scored for us can only ever be described as a huge stramash where he somehow found the ball at his feet and poked it in. He's a tragic footballer last I'd checked.

Also a player a lot of Livi fans had deemed a 'shite Jordan White' - another player who divided Livi supports opinion. I was firmly in the shite camp for him. 

Edited by ATLIS

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I remember when we went up and had our Player of the Year awards piss up straight after the Partick away game (scenes btw), I was outside talking to Jack McMillan who was bigging Dylan Mackin up saying he's easily going to hit double figures in the Premiership :D To be fair we were both steaming so can be excused for what is probably the biggest shite talk ever.

The goals he scored for us can only ever be described as a huge stramash where he somehow found the ball at his feet and poked it in. He's a tragic footballer last I'd checked.

Also a player a lot of Livi fans had deemed a 'shite Jordan White' - another player who divided Livi supports opinion. I was firmly in the shite camp for him. 

Mackin isn't a technically good footballer but is very good at finding himself in the right place at the right time and hitting the back of the net. He didn't fit our high energy team, much like Jet this season although Jet has bags more ability.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

Mackin isn't a technically good footballer but is very good at finding himself in the right place at the right time and hitting the back of the net. He didn't fit our high energy team, much like Jet this season although Jet has bags more ability.

To be fair, the last 2 or 3 weeks Jet has finally looked fit. He's moving at almost double the speed now