Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'm going to sleep through it and watch the recording later. In the middle of my usual 3 day post COVID jag malaise, so not getting up at 6 for this.

I think we'll make a few chances, but it will come down to how tight we can keep it at the back outside of their penalty.

No sure what to make of Hammell's fairly vague comments on Moult. "It's not been ideal, we've been wanting to get him on the pitch more but that's not been able to happen yet". 

Hopefully it's his general fitness that they're working on, rather than the realisation that his injuries are now really limiting him. 

4 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

With a day to go I can't see a match thread anywhere. Unless I'm missing one of those "humorous" titles like Orcs v Barca, it looks like literally no-one on either side can be arsed with this one.

I don't think we really bother interacting with them unless they start a thread

11 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

A win tomorrow gets up up to fever pitch ahead of midweek.

A win midweek makes everything else irrelevant.

A win against Aberdeen always improves my mood.

Just win something. 

I suppose anything other than three successive defeats is considered ok - low bar but it would keep us feeling vaguely confident going into a better swing of games.

The team today gives me the fear mind.

First round of fixtures is us pretty much where we should be. Got points we had no right to and dropped others we shouldn't have.

Really need to be ruthless in the final third as we are particularly wasteful there, but the defending at times, pffffttt.

Is a -2 GD vs both the OF progress?

Chance missed...Rangers are fragile as f**k right now and our failure at the absolute basics before chucking them a comical gift let them off the hook.

13 points from 11 isn't the end of the world by any means but we're in some slump right now and need to tighten up all over the park asap if this is to remain a blip rather than a major problem.

Any news on the injuries? Having no forward options outside of the weans isn't good.

It was good to see Mckinstry get the full game, hopefully he will calm down a bit now that he got his first goal. He seemed to be snatching at things in his previous appearances.

Morris getting the full game wasn't terrible either, because we need to try and get something out of him. There were a couple of times that he took up good positions for KVV to ignore him, but I'm not sure if it would have led to anything since I'm sure the guy hasnt had a single shot on goal for us.

Mcginn, Lamie and Sol are pretty solid thesedays, and Penney is brilliant, the second half of our season could really hinge on whether we can keep hold of him.

That's two games now where Slattery has been off the pace, Goss is really carrying the midfield right now.

Overall, can't complain about where we are at this point after the European debacle, but we need to make more of the opportunities we're getting.

17 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Any news on the injuries? Having no forward options outside of the weans isn't good.

It was good to see Mckinstry get the full game, hopefully he will calm down a bit now that he got his first goal. He seemed to be snatching at things in his previous appearances.

Morris getting the full game wasn't terrible either, because we need to try and get something out of him. There were a couple of times that he took up good positions for KVV to ignore him, but I'm not sure if it would have led to anything since I'm sure the guy hasnt had a single shot on goal for us.

Mcginn, Lamie and Sol are pretty solid thesedays, and Penney is brilliant, the second half of our season could really hinge on whether we can keep hold of him.

That's two games now where Slattery has been off the pace, Goss is really carrying the midfield right now.

Overall, can't complain about where we are at this point after the European debacle, but we need to make more of the opportunities we're getting.

Agree 100% on Penney, but fear that he'll be hard to hang onto. Just got that wee bit of composure and class to get himself out of tight situations instead of panicking and blindly punting it forward or out. Good going forward too. I think he'll have suitors in the window.

I think once we come out of this tough run and get the World Cup break by with that we have a decent enough side to comfortably make mid table. Keeping hold of Penney would be massive.

My straw clutching at the moment is that we are not getting a doing from anyone - these are all narrow losses. Our biggest loss was the hearts game and ironically, we played better in that than any game since, including a 5-0 win. We are in the midst of a tough run - next Saturday feels like a very big game for us.