Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I'd kill for Jake Hastie at the moment.

Ffs @eliphas this current shambles really has broken your resolve!!! I think I'll already be heading for a PTSD diagnosis at the end of the season, shit like that would see me committed.

Edited by 'WellDel
Edit to add, would assume, obviously your post was a humorous take on said current shambles.

Interesting bit of context from @Div on twitter. You could argue that our need is greater than almost any other team but there hasn't been much early business in this window so far with almost all of the transfers happening at the top of the table...

Despite my sulking, my head knows that signing folk in January is hard, and selling clubs/available players  hold all the cards, as they can test the resolve of the clubs in need to see what they're willing to do to get it over the line quickly. 

But my heart wants pics of players crowding around farm machinery, or lined up in height order next to a smug manager. Or both. 

10 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

But my heart wants pics of players crowding around farm machinery, or lined up in height order next to a smug manager. Or both. 

I'd prefer to see them lined up next to a taxi, waving some of the dross they're hopefully replacing,  like Shields, Morris and Spittal the f**k off out of the place.

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Despite my sulking, my head knows that signing folk in January is hard, and selling clubs/available players  hold all the cards, as they can test the resolve of the clubs in need to see what they're willing to do to get it over the line quickly. 

Same here but if we don't sign someone by bedtime I'm going to rage tweet Burrows then reply in a polite, chastened tone when he gives a reasonable response to my idiocy.

11 minutes ago, well_said said:

The referee chose to miss it , he was looking straight at it. But that typified his performance on Sunday. 

It was Lamie that Porteous wiped out. Although wipe out almost suggests an accidental coming together. What he actually did was hack Lamie to the ground, probably the most cynical foul against us this season. Then at FT he winds up the Bois.

He is a CNUt of the highest order. But u know what if he was in our team we probably would not have lost that game. When he was moved into midfield he was equally as effective as he is as a defender. He won the ball off Slattery with a crunching challenge that led to the 3rd goal. If our players even had 50% of his will to win or shithousery we probably would not be losing such soft as shite goals week in week out. 

I hope he signs for Udinese or whomever as he is a royal pain 😡

As for the Ref missing it. Surprised not one jot. 

Been a lot of chat about this particular incident, its locking the gate after the horse bolted and that horse is called Kevin Nisbet.

Three shots on target, three goals, three touches in the box was it? We're in prime taking points of our rivals territory and failing to lay a finger.

He won't drop Sol, Goss or Spittal so we're all in for a collective huff of hot air at 2pm ish on Saturday when the lineup is announced.

40 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

He won't drop Sol, Goss or Spittal so we're all in for a collective huff of hot air at 2pm ish on Saturday when the lineup is announced.

I will maintain blind hope and optimism until 13.59 that Hammy will see the light and shake up the personnel and formation. 

When the clock strikes 2 and the usual, predictable shite is confirmed, I will absolutely lose my shit before trudging dejectedly along to assume my usual seat for another 90mins of infuriating, deja vu style torture. 

Why the fcuk do we do it?