Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye, on the Arbroath crowd, even considering current form the cup is always a decent distraction and it's not fucking Morton. Easily north of 1,000 I'd think

A stadium a lot won't have been to, 23 years since we last played Arbroath competitively 

2 hours ago, Big John Handsome said:

I see the club are running a couple of coaches to Arbroath, what's the chances you'll be allowed to have a couple cans going up?

1 hour ago, Big John Handsome said:

Cheers mate, train it is then.

Trains are "technically a booze ban too. And they are pretty dear. 

I'm on a train and we booked ages ago so we got it cheap enough. Sly tinnies as the Thiefs once said. 

For the actual club busses. Spirit in a bottle of coke is yer best bet.

29 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Juhani moves to Cyprus.

I've said this to mates afore (dunno if I have said it on here), Cyprus is the way to go if you are a semi diddy fitba player. 
great weather, Cool place and yer playing fitba. 

31 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Trains are "technically a booze ban too. And they are pretty dear. 

I'm on a train and we booked ages ago so we got it cheap enough. Sly tinnies as the Thiefs once said. 

For the actual club busses. Spirit in a bottle of coke is yer best bet.

I've said this to mates afore (dunno if I have said it on here), Cyprus is the way to go if you are a semi diddy fitba player. 
great weather, Cool place and yer playing fitba. 

I was speaking about this to my mate, has anyone actually seen this enforced? I usually have a can or whatever on the EK to Glasgow train anytime I go in (along with half the carriage) and the conductors are never ersed.

1 minute ago, Big John Handsome said:

I was speaking about this to my mate, has anyone actually seen this enforced? I usually have a can or whatever on the EK to Glasgow train anytime I go in (along with half the carriage) and the conductors are never ersed.

Without jinxing it, no. 

Even the fitba trips we're on, the conductors are usually sound, we tend to avoid the busy trains and as long as you're not an arse and show a bit of respect the Train booze is usually overlooked. 
Fitba fans being trageted at times could mean the polis would frown upon it but as I mentioned we tend to get early/later trains. We get to Arbroath at 10am on cup day.

40 minutes ago, Big John Handsome said:

I have seen it enforced before on the EK to Glasgow train, however it is normally on a busier service. 99% of the time they turn a blind eye to it.

Seen your next message about train time, we are also on the one that gets in at 12.20 (Chelsea v Liverpool is the 12.30 kick off) there is also a 18.30 train home.

Edited by Neil86

21 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Same here but if we don't sign someone by bedtime I'm going to rage tweet Burrows then reply in a polite, chastened tone when he gives a reasonable response to my idiocy.

We do have a lot of loons on twitter replying to Burrows etc every club has them but to be honest I don't think the majority of folk are being that unreasonable given the current situation.

The reality just now is our squad is miles off it in terms of quality in multiple positions. This has been pointed out by numerous folk over the last couple of years and unfortunately the lack of squad investment and poor recruitment is coming home to roost. This dates back to atleast the Tony Watt situation where the club fail to replace key players.

Interesting to see so many clubs exploiting the Japanese market, hopefully this is someone that can come in prior to Saturday. I take it work permits are easier to come by post-brexit so its good to see we are exploring other markets. We know it can be hit or miss though with our Scandinavian purchases

Edited by Luke92

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol:

skysports-totw-scottish-premiership_6018533.thumb.png.4d49c42c3b546ea1f9d29516a6036c3f.png

Haha that's wild.

Can only assume they've credited him with assists for a couple of Nesbit's goals given his key involvement. 

Also, yes to Japanese attacking midfielders!

1 minute ago, wellboy1991 said:

We had a Japanese striker on trial In the summer who turned up for one days training. Got wiped out by Barry Maguire during a bounce game and never turned up after that. Genuinely left and didn’t come back. 

We dodged a bullet there then - well done Baz.

Also - a Japanese attacker that's enjoying summer in Australia pitching up in ML1 in the middle of winter - he must really want to be here.