Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Spot on. He was trying to think of a username, and he just happened to be listening to Even Flow by Pearl Jam at the time so he went with that. As Swello says it ended up shortening as it crossed over into real life as he met people from the forum, and just generally stuck.

Edited by Al B

2 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Some losers kept their names the same since welltrustfc.net, the cool guys reinvented themselves a few times. 

I just assumed you didn't feel as Foxy when you moved Stateside 😂

6 minutes ago, beesher said:

Is it mental that this news has made me way more pessimistic about us staying up?

I'd be more worried about the immediate on the field stuff if he wasn't hanging around until we find his replacement. However the overall state of the club is concerning. 

1 minute ago, beesher said:

Is it mental that this news has made me way more pessimistic about us staying up?

Sometimes a wee shock to system can help in the short term at least. Folk that were coasting along often wake up when there's a new boss happening (called the new manager bounce when it's the football Manager that changes). I guess we'll see on Saturday if off-field stuff has any effect.

27 minutes ago, beesher said:

I think that for me is still 50-50 but I worry we're more likely to be a Championship club for a while (if not quite full blown Falkirk/Dunfermline) if we do go down.

And the general direction of what comes next is massively worrying given the understable limitations of fan ownership. I don't think replacing AB properly is impossible but it'll be very, very difficult.

I'm going to go with the optimistic viewpoint that he's going to go out in spectacular fashion by sanctioning the signing of 3 absolute #ballers before the end of the month to propel us into the European spots and have us wondering, as we watch Blair Spittal hold the Scottish Cup aloft in May, what all the fuss was about.

Maybe.

28 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I'm going to go with the optimistic viewpoint that he's going to go out in spectacular fashion by sanctioning the signing of 3 absolute #ballers before the end of the month to propel us into the European spots and have us wondering, as we watch Blair Spittal hold the Scottish Cup aloft in May, what all the fuss was about.

Maybe.

Correct. All via conceding 2 goals + in every game but outscoring every team that we come across due the Danzak.

3 minutes ago, Well Well said:

olly crankshaw has signed on loan

I like wee Ollie, don't know how he'll manage in the Prem but looked to be a tricky winger in the Championship from the little we saw of him before COVID struck. A plays-for-the-badge type, no lack of effort from him.

I mean, fair fucks he's not Connor Shields and (hopefully) doesn't have a broken foot. So that's a start.

Absolutely out of nowhere as a name though given we've had these all mentioned recently:

Enjoying all the reply guys getting bent out of shape about us signing a guy from the English lower leagues again though. It's been a minute.

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Enjoying all the reply guys getting bent out of shape about us signing a guy from the English lower leagues again though. It's been a minute.

Likely to be the same guys who’ll say we should sign Scottish players, yet slag off Shields. You canny win…