Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Al B said:

The kinda guy that we've all been praying for....someone that will get in his team-mates faces if they aren't doing their job, rather than the passive look around and shrug of the shoulders we've all gotten used to.

Excellent.

Likes to get in the faces of the wider squad if you include partners.

9 out, 9 in.

Out:
Aarons (loan cancelled), Moult (loan cancelled), Fox, Penney (end of loan), Johansen, Connelly (loan), Speirs (loan), Maguire (loan), Shields (loan) = 9

In:
Blaney, Crankshaw (loan), Mandron (immediately injured), Danzaki, Aitchison, Furlong (loan), Obika (loan), Casey, Butcher = 9

Can't really argue that Hammell hasn't been backed like.

Tbh, looking at that squad it should be an absolutely fine mid-table team.

It's on Hammell and Kerr now.

As long as you keep him away from the wags then Butcher will be a good signing. Will get stuck in in the middle of the park and bring some organisation and leadership in there and can also do a very capable job at centre half, exactly the type of player Utd are missing just now. 

53 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Yep, I think the squad is looking ok now. It's not down to choices.

Aye.

Like, I still have questions. Specifically about left back and centre back not to mention our continued reliance on Ricki fucking Lamie but there are bodies there at least.

I'm still heavy sceptical about Hammell and especially Kerr as coaches but tbf, I didn't doubt that we were looking to address those areas my issue was that as of Tuesday night we'd failed to address them.

I get that January's a tough window at the best of times and it's compounded by our situation and I imagine these deals would have been agreed in principle before the window closed but deals fall over - I'm sure many did for us while the window was open. It's maybe mitigating but that doesn't really help us when we're finishing a game on Wednesday night with 1 (ONE) fit senior CB on our books with the window having SLAMMED shut.

Edited by capt_oats

The tactics board Capt Oats displayed certainly shows a bit more balance.

Goss may be technically good, but to me seems to need far to much time on the ball and is largely anonymous/ineffective in games. As people have said - A ghost.

Slattery obv off form, but drops deep to get the ball and wins a fair amount of free kicks. Tries the killer ball alot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, so hopefully Buthcer will help in that respect in terms ball recovery/retention.

Danzaki looks to have decent movement and pace, so again players finding pockets in final 3rd something we've been crying out for.

Edited by Richie

Casey

Spoiler

casey.thumb.png.c8edfb04150a9519850b5c7262df1d27.png

US 2nd tier apparently around Championship/Irish league level. I told this it was a step up from Bohemians.

Think aerial figures decline, while possession stuff increases, due to the change in style between leagues. US league is a lot less direct than Ireland from what little I've seen. Kind of hard to know how he'll be. Irish league feels a better benchmark but its also from years ago.

In other words, f**k knows.

caset2.thumb.png.1eb4e93e600aa6a7ec4bbeb47c4f9584.png

Butcher

Spoiler

butch.thumb.png.e33cc01d6512fa06865cf96a22f9cb3c.png

Butcher a middling CM just having a poor season?

Lower than you expect ground scores likely because he gives away a lot of fouls.

butch2.thumb.png.9b42bb8ee28ac36b9ee50e7915428ea6.png

Just to check this from the close of the summer window:

Ojala - Blaney in
Aarons (loan cancelled) - Crankshaw in
Moult (loan cancelled) - Mandron (immediately injured) in - Obika in
Fox - N/A
Penney (end of loan) - Furlong in
Johansen - Casey in
Connelly (loan) - N/A
Speirs (loan) - N/A
Maguire (loan) - Butcher in
Shields (loan) - Danzaki in

It really only leave Aitchison as an additional incoming that's not been like for like.

Our first team squad (including 3 long term injured players plus Morris) comes in at 27 players.