Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I like that Slattery does the "hand over mouth" thing whenever he talks to anybody on the field. I assume this is taught day #1 in Premiership academies. 

The one I saw was post match in conversation with a Killie player - he gives nothing away.

Yesterday may not have been great but if you'd have said to me afore St Mirren, "yer getting 7 out of next 9" I'd have laughed my head off.

Reset and prepare for Ross County now.  Let's go at them.

17 hours ago, qpfc said:

He’s playing right through the middle for us whereas he played out wide a lot for you guys? 

This doesn’t come as a complete shock. Hes never really got going with us, but two or three times he played through the middle he finally looked like he had something about him. 

His time there really was limited though. If I recall, he played that way for about half an hour vs Celtic when Moult came on and actually caused them some problems. 

Let's not kid on he's suddenly great because he scored against Accies, Raith and Morton in the championship.

He was mince and will never make it at Premiership level. Genuinely hope to be proves wrong next season. 

Edited by eliphas

Pretty sure any ‘well fan would have bitten your hand off if offered 7 from 9 after the Raith game a few weeks ago. Being very greedy, it would have been ideal if the Killie and Hearts results had switched around but we’ve certainly given ourselves a chance to have a nice boring end to the season. 

Another big weekend ahead again, but with Killie at Ibrox, and Utd a complete shambles, it’s a massive opportunity to almost take ourselves out the relegation conversation.

County will be on a high after that 4-0 win but I’m not sure how much you can read into their performance given what Utd served up. We know we’re capable of getting a result up there, we just need to go and do it! 

I'm definitely not counting chickens. I still have doubts and questions but the fact that an average of 1 pt per game through to the end of the season should probably see us alright is definitely a better position than we were in a fortnight ago.

Assuming that the main problem was indeed Hammell and Kerr and the players don't take the huff from here on in then there's a fairly achievable pathway for us to just trundle our way to the end of the season. The quicker we actually win the necessary games the better, mind.

Without getting ahead of myself a win against County and St Johnstone losing to Hearts at Tynecastle would put us only a point behind them. Which is frankly hilarious.

I mean, we still have senior staff positions vacant and given Burrows is now standing free I wonder who's dealing with that day to day stuff...like are we having contract conversations etc. Is McMahon taking that stuff on?

I get that circumstances change and all that but it's kind of hard not to at least partly agree with the gist of this Tweet from Nick McPheat yesterday.

Given the turnaround in the past fortnight it'd be nice to be able to have a bit of confidence that the club have given themselves a shake too.

Edited by capt_oats