Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On the play off, I convinced myself walking away from Ibrox that their goal was a good thing, it would keep us focussed, no one would think it was over, start the second leg in the right frame of mind.  Then the second leg started and I was terrified that they would score first, oh for a 3 goal cushion, then Marvin stepped up and we had a ticket to ride.

On the club announcement, I'm fine with what they've said. I mean it's factually correct and I guess is a de facto announcement that some have extended through negotiation or clauses. 

For the ones in current negotiations/have been made an offer, and out of contract from tomorrow (everyone except Casey I think, who is end June) I'd be giving them a week or two max and then moving on. None of them are good enough to hold off on getting the squad sorted for next year. 

Also I have 100% said it before but I spewed in a bin outside the 100 Club due to being the most violently hungover man on the planet for kick off of the home leg. On reflection a good laugh with my late da shaking his head at the sight of this.

All being forgiven at Cammy Bell O'Clock.

20 hours ago, Al B said:

"I just have this weird feeling that we're not going to just win, but absolutely thump them".

The weekend before the Ibrox game I played an absolutely blootered game of FIFA against my rangers pal and leathered him 6-1. 

Written in the stars.

8 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Short old off season this eh? When do they report back 3 weeks?

It is indeed. And while there's obviously little sympathy for the players, the contrast to years gone by is startling.

Anyway, SK said three weeks off which would suggest returning to FP for admin and starting prep on June 19 before Holland June 24-July 1.

Presumably that weekend of the return is basically free and then depending on the LC schedule we have a week or week and a half for local(ish) friendlies.

I understand this is now old news but setting aside the "Guess Who?" element of who we have/haven't offered contracts to, that's four players that have either triggered options or signed new deals without a peep from the club (SOD, McGinn, Efford and Mahon).

Given we're a club who have generally been pretty on it in keeping that sort of stuff up to date, and have made a point of doing so, it definitely jars a bit.

I've said it before but as a fan-owned club one of the bare minimum expectations is that the club actually communicates information to the fans and I dunno, contract extensions of playing staff (regardless of how they're activated) feels relevant to fans interests.

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I understand this is now old news but setting aside the "Guess Who?" element of who we have/haven't offered contracts to, that's four players that have either triggered options or signed new deals without a peep from the club (SOD, McGinn, Efford and Mahon).

Given we're a club who have generally been pretty on it in keeping that sort of stuff up to date, and have made a point of doing so, it definitely jars a bit.

I've said it before but as a fan-owned club one of the bare minimum expectation is that the club actually communicates information to the fans and I dunno, contract extensions of playing staff (regardless of how they're activated) feels relevant to fans interests.

Very much this.

I don't want to go all 'I pay my monthly tenner, tell me everything' but ultimately the club relies on keeping fans engaged and part of that is knowing how (some) decisions are made and judging them.

When SOD - presumably on a wage reflecting his status as a Scotland starter when he signed - extends, people are totally entitled to ask just how that came about. 

Ditto Efford...say we hit a sticky patch next season and the club want fans to back SK - it's entirely reasonable to want to know if he volunteered a contract to a player like that or not.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It is indeed. And while there's obviously little sympathy for the players, the contrast to years gone by is startling.

Anyway, SK said three weeks off which would suggest returning to FP for admin and starting prep on June 19 before Holland June 24-July 1.

Presumably that weekend of the return is basically free and then depending on the LC schedule we have a week or week and a half for local(ish) friendlies.

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/key-dates

07F1FB62-62D7-4C22-94C6-664F7280A91F.png

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I've said it before but as a fan-owned club one of the bare minimum expectations is that the club actually communicates information to the fans and I dunno, contract extensions of playing staff (regardless of how they're activated) feels relevant to fans interests.

Everyone's probably still assuming 'Flow will do it.