Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

See, kind of related to @crazylegsjoe_mfc's post above I know this isn't how it works but given the circumstances ie: young laddie coming halfway across the world, playing in a new league, new culture, us being bottom of the league when he signed etc. I wondered if there might have been some sort of break clause in the contract rather than him being tied to a 2.5 year deal if he didn't fancy it.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was a weird signing anyway as, data wise, he seemed hopeless to me, and presumably that's how he was discovered. 

Unless someone over that way recommended him to Hammell who just took their word for it and pushed the move through.

He played in the same team as both Tam Aldred and Scott McDonald. So...

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unless someone over that way recommended him to Hammell who just took their word for it and pushed the move through.

This is exactly what happened I think aye, McGarry and McDonald were referenced when he signed as being a big influence.

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Alongside absolute junk like Casper Sloth, Jacob Blyth, Jake Taylor and Aaron Chapman, aye.

They were likely worse players but when you think of the effort, and likely the money, that went into signing Danzaki he's definitely right up there. 

I'd also forgot how much I hated Jacob Blyth. The coke sniffing Geordie Shore reject c**t. 

2 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

I don’t ever recall Blyth ever actually playing a game for us?

Came on as a sub against someone in a game we won and barrelled about cementing folk for five minutes, from memory. Useless.

44 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Blyth started against Accies at home in some midweek game (0-0), everyone else was injured. He was brutal.

The streets will never forget the HerbaBlyth front two of Blyth and Bowman. 

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Came on as a sub against someone in a game we won and barrelled about cementing folk for five minutes, from memory. Useless.

He played a game up front with Ryan Bowman because someone on here declared it as Herbablyth and I still laugh at that to this day.

35 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Another useless Cnut.

you are correct, the 2 of them blur into one for me.

Wes Fletcher was a great player and I'll not hear another word about it.