Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Unless Lennon Miller feels like scoring a goal a game I reckon we're in for an almighty struggle this year.

He'll score two a game. Three v the uglies.

23 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Same with McGinley. 

Considering we had to use the. On Saturday it's a tad mixed messages for them!

With McGinley it's probably about getting him time on the park after his long layoff. Maguire is more a "your future lies elsewhere" bit of management I think.

As managers avoid like the plague mentioning by name players they are interested in, I'm left thinking that just as he openly name checked Bair , Kettlewell must feel confident in securing the Arsenal lad. 

By the same measure I wouldnt be surprised that Furlong may still rock up at FP on loan at the end of August.

Struggling to see where the goals will come from, in forward positions. 

Hopefully Dundee will be off the pace after a season in the lower division. However, I massively doubt it. 

Thinking 0-0 in this one. 

Fingers crossed for a finisher to roll up prior to Saturday. 🤞

Are there any other sets of fans that would be hitting the panic button, especially about where goals are going to come from, after gearing up for the season by playing 8 games, scoring 19 goals, only conceding in two of them and comfortably progressing to the knock-out's of the league cup as group winners?

I'm not saying we don't need anyone else but I have to say, I'm pretty fucking relaxed about the whole thing.

It's true that I couldn't confidently predict atm that any of our strikers will even hit double figures, but Slattery, Spittal, and Miller all feel like better goal threats than most teams around us have in midfield. Bevis is usually good for a few every season. Blaney can ping them from dead balls. Casey is due one too.

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's true that I couldn't confidently predict atm that any of our strikers will even hit double figures, but Slattery, Spittal, and Miller all feel like better goal threats than most teams around us have in midfield. Bevis is usually good for a few every season. Blaney can ping them from dead balls. Casey is due one too.

We've got a absolutely huge squad (height). Got to score a few from corners

38 minutes ago, Al B said:

Are there any other sets of fans that would be hitting the panic button, especially about where goals are going to come from, after gearing up for the season by playing 8 games, scoring 19 goals, only conceding in two of them and comfortably progressing to the knock-out's of the league cup as group winners?

I'm not saying we don't need anyone else but I have to say, I'm pretty fucking relaxed about the whole thing.

Not like our fan base to totally over react. 

Some great Stephen Robinson vibes in that interview.

"They're just learning but they're useless c***s and they're shite, it's not about winning games at this level, but they should have won the game, but they were too shite, useless c***s, someone should teach them to pass, they're shite, but they're learning, and thats important, for stopping them from being hopeless. I'm not going to name names who's shite, but..,<proceeds to read team sheet>"

Edited by rowsdower