Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

23 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Kettlewell's press conference for context of those earlier quotes - the Efford stuff is...interesting - dunno maybe it’s just me but it feels like it has a similar energy to the way he spoke about Riku. It’s also interesting to hear him say we've effectively created a "Loans Manager" role with the suggestion a few more may "potentially" be going out on loan:

Aye 100%. He's clearly not too impressed with him for a couple of reasons it seems.

3 hours ago, Well Fan said:

Hutchie finishes with Millwall this season. Back to Motherwell FC for 2 years and finish off playing career. If a deal was offered, I can see him back. If fit, make it happen with pre-contract. 

That's a solid career at a good level. Not to be sniffed at and would gladly see him return. Not sure we could afford him though. 

Strangely, Jonathan Page seemed to be the one considered to have promise but he's had a long and much less steady career at a considerably lower level. 

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's a solid career at a good level. Not to be sniffed at and would gladly see him return. Not sure we could afford him though. 

Strangely, Jonathan Page seemed to be the one considered to have promise but he's had a long and much less steady career at a considerably lower level. 

You are 100% correct. Money would be lower at Motherwell FC. But compared to costs in London etc, the offset would be reduced to a degree. Family of his wife are also in this area, so more positives on coming back. 

Pie in the sky at this stage, but stranger things have happened. Wait and see!

17 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Not seen too much of this lads stuff on YouTube, but thought the general consensus was that he promoted Scottish football fairly well? Or has he just gone for the standard Old Firm bias?

Sam North promotes Sam North, any games attended in Scotland are simply a recognisable setting for folk.

He had a go at the Bois last season for having the temerity of asking him not to film them, so I can't imagine they give a shit what he thinks.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Not seen too much of this lads stuff on YouTube, but thought the general consensus was that he promoted Scottish football fairly well? Or has he just gone for the standard Old Firm bias?

They are taking a pounding for this but I know little of either set up or the situation other than from what it seemed when initially reported, the guy recorded them, was "threatened" and made comment on it. Now about a year later they are writing about it, I think there's a claim it's about the "wider issue" but they used him as bait and are getting negative responses about it.

Edited by Busta Nut

31 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Aye they’re fair getting piled on on the cesspit for that and have doubled down by posting the article. Bold move. 

Almost as bold as charging a fucking fiver for a fanzine. 

No way - do people actually spend a fiver on that level of article writing?

34 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Can't stand vloggers at the football. Put your phone away and enjoy the game  

Not my thing but aye, you're right, our media do a such good enough job promoting the game, we don't need any more coverage.

Anyone able to find me a breakdown of last seasons West of Scotland Cup Final?  Did the Terrace Podcast, Open Goal or any of the others give it much time?  

But heh, SIWY Fanzine got a lot of coverage between Twitter, Reddit and pretty much apart from I guess Fanzine Contributors or hangers completely panned!