Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

51 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Tbf digging out a point yesterday shows a certain mental capability and a clean sheet at CP not to be sniffed at.

If you can stay in touch till January it's all up in the air again.

A massive if. Didnt see yesterdays game but by all accounts we looked well off Dundees level, and its hard to think anyone but them will be close to us by the end.

We'll probably get some momentum going in November but already be adrift by then, then we'll run out of steam in January as we're not gaining any ground and knowing my luck we'll be virtually confirmed as down on my birthday, when we're away to St Mirren.

12 hours ago, ropy said:

I attended the Dundee United match today, hospitality due to a friends birthday, Grimshaw was a debatable man of the match.

I got into conversation with Maurice Malpas but felt it wasn’t the right environment to tell him the truth. Instead we had some banter about 1991 and our current form.

Should I have got tore into him? It would have been just his Donald Duck if he emerged unscathed. 

How were Moult and Watt?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

A massive if. Didnt see yesterdays game but by all accounts we looked well off Dundees level, and its hard to think anyone but them will be close to us by the end.

We'll probably get some momentum going in November but already be adrift by then, then we'll run out of steam in January as we're not gaining any ground and knowing my luck we'll be virtually confirmed as down on my birthday, when we're away to St Mirren.

If Hammell's Motherwell can stay in touch over a run of 2 wins in 20, anything is possible.

2 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I refuse to believe Slatterys improvement is purely due to it being his contract year. I will pay good money for whatever drugs we're giving him.

Hopefully he's not pulled anything coming off today. Slightly worried him and Spittal are pushing things so hard they may burn out / explode.