Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 hours ago, MurrayWell said:

"Football Club" count is aff the fuckin charts today. Nice cameos from "Football pitch" and "football players" too 👏

Whoever first pointed out his use of Football Club is not getting a Christmas card from me, I can’t hear anything else now.

6 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Considering we've no won in about 4 months, we're only 10 points behind St mirren. Which is quite mental. 

They have got the same 4 points as we have over the last 5 games, but we have a game in hand.

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

We were never expected to win today and, like most, I expect Kettlewell to get until at least the Livi game. However, if we get pumped today (which currently looks likely) does he deserve to go sooner? 

I don’t think he can be sacked now. Why would McMahon and Weir want to do that when they will both be gone soon? It’ll be a decision and task for the ‘new’ team. Given that they likely won’t be in place until Feb/March at the earliest, I think Kettlewell is here for the season regardless of results. It’s a mental situation to be in and just highlights how badly the Club has been run for quite a few years now.

1 hour ago, Quatermass said:

I don’t think he can be sacked now. Why would McMahon and Weir want to do that when they will both be gone soon? It’ll be a decision and task for the ‘new’ team. Given that they likely won’t be in place until Feb/March at the earliest, I think Kettlewell is here for the season regardless of results. It’s a mental situation to be in and just highlights how badly the Club has been run for quite a few years now.

If we lose to Livi and go bottom of the league. He should be sacked. That would make it 17 games without a win. That is clearly for too long a run to be acceptable to anybody. 

A draw v Livi and he will no doubt stay. As long as Livi are (comfortably) below us he is probably safe in the job. Then we can try and focus on getting 10th place. We would all take that right now. 

Just seen the two goals. By Christ poor goals to concede. 

Do the Motherwell defence genuinely think it is OK to stand and watch the Rangers players play football around them. 

That second goal - C*ntwell has all the time and space to get his shot away inside our own fucking box ! Awful. If anything sums up our season it is that goal. No other team inc Livi will give away a goal that limply 😡😡😡

38 minutes ago, welldaft said:

If we lose to Livi and go bottom of the league. He should be sacked. That would make it 17 games without a win. That is clearly for too long a run to be acceptable to anybody. 

A draw v Livi and he will no doubt stay. As long as Livi are (comfortably) below us he is probably safe in the job. Then we can try and focus on getting 10th place. We would all take that right now. 

He should be. No question. I would have binned him after the Ross County game. I just felt that night it was never going to be turned around and Kettlewell was finished as not only Motherwell manager but probably one at this level. Another three games without a win have passed and it’s just increasingly obvious what needs to be done. Best we can hope for is 5 points from the next 9. Beating Livi is an absolute must and I don’t think anyone thinks otherwise. However……

The problem is no longer just the results. That announcement last week has 100% taken the pressure off McMahon and Weir and absolved them of pretty much all responsibility in Kettlewell’s future. Citing that it is a decision for the new Chairman/CEO is an easy and tempting move to make and I’ll be surprised if it isn’t played.

I don’t think we will be bottom on the night of the 2nd January but it could well be tighter than 5 points. 
The idea of Kettlewell getting the January transfer window is nonsense imo……..but I’m buckling in for it.

Today's game resolves nothing unfortunately - a regulation defeat doesn't move the inevitable day forward or backwards at all (and I agree that the fact our chairman and CEO are leaving complicates things even more).

The number of abysmal goals we've lost this season (just as was the case with Hammell) is what is killing us and that is squarely on the manager's shoulders I'm afraid.

Not sour grapes at all as we never  threatened at any point to get back into it, but we absolutely gifted a very average (injury depleted I know) Rangers side those 3pts today. The defending at the first was fucking criminal, just clear your lines ffs. The second was so poor as well, and Mugabi was well deserving of his half time hooking, shocking display.

The manager's got to go, no question. Doesn't matter who that loss was to. No wins in 15 and can't even do the basics right.Never expected a great deal today but that was shite. It's time for change.

17 minutes ago, Swello said:

The number of abysmal goals we've lost this season (just as was the case with Hammell) is what is killing us and that is squarely on the manager's shoulders I'm afraid.

Very much this.

Not only is it no wins in 15 but the also most goals conceded in the league, the lowest number of clean sheets and just generally, we look a poorly coached side most weeks that’s far too easy to score against. We’ve also only scored 3(THREE) first half goals this season, once again today we started slow and waited till we’re 2-0 down before we started to play a wee bit 2nd half. 

It’s Scottish football, being well organised and difficult to beat is half the battle. On this 15 game run we’ve now conceded at least 2(or more) goals in 60% of them. Honestly, I know our strikers take some amount of stick but what chance have you got when you need to score 3 goals most weeks just to be in with a shout of winning a game!? 

I don’t actually think this squad or season is beyond saving but Kettlewell’s simply not the man to do it. Seems like a decent guy, done a great job keeping us up but he’s been given more than enough chances to turn this season and he’s repeatedly failed to take them. 

Shake hands and part ways before it’s too late. 

I’m fear that even failing to beat Aberdeen and Livi (and at this point even taking 6 points doesn’t change anything for it to be worth the wait) that we then give him the Hibs and Alloa games PLUS the transfer window before acting sometime in February just like we did we Hammell! ie far too late!