Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Nature Boy said:

Alienating your own supporters through utter embarrassment for a sake of a video that's not remotely good enough to have the desired impact abroad.

Excerpt from Jim McMahon's email:

We have worked with Scotland’s leading advertising agency to produce this 90-second video, featuring players and fans, which we hope strikes the right balance of authenticity, quirkiness and humour. It’s most definitely tongue in cheek. To give us the best chance of success, we need to get this viewed as widely as possible.

We will use a number of different channels to do this but can I also ask that you share this with as many of your friends and contacts as you can

Got no friends left now, Jim, sorry.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

We will use a number of different channels to do this but can I also ask that you share this with as many of your friends and contacts as you can

Got no friends left now, Jim, sorry.

They all saw it before I did Jim, and now they're all laughing at me.

Edited by Al B

And folk were saying the media department deserve to be paid for this?

In all seriousness, I thought it was cringey and very unlikely to amount to anything but not any worse than the PaddyPower stuff or Peter Hartley playing the piano. I did actually laugh a few times.

44 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

There seems to be a growing suggestion from the Dundee that Tony will be returning to ourselves as well, fwiw.

Which if it's 'good' Tony I'm into. Particularly if United are paying a good chunk of his wage, that would be very funny, tbh.

i'd take Watt back 100%, he was another one that seemed to get it, kissing the badge etc, before he inevitably seen the pound signs, but yeah, it did seem like he go it

Just watched the video. If that is the crux of our investment initiative we really are in trouble. Maybe someone will take pity on us. But I was hoping we were far down the line in discussions with potential investors. It is not terrible (although not far off) it is just quite underwhelming 🤷‍♂️

I guess if someone really wanted to fling money at us they probably would have done it a long time ago. 

I need to go buy some more Euromillion tickets…..

So far the only thing that has really come of this is we are making clear we need investment. If Queens Park can get Willie Haughey then you never know what is out there 🙏