Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I didn't mind the video. Not sure what it told us. He spoke well and looked confident enough though.

Can't help but think this all disappears the moment he's out the door. 

I guess for me it rounded out quite a few of the things that have been mentioned on here, the aims of the video, some of the results 24 hours in, gave a bit more detail on the thinking behind it, a bit more to say it's not just a video and that's it etc. Few wee nuggets about CEO folk begging interviewed 

Appreciate this is where the articles today have came from. But I only just skimmed them really due to work. Sitting down and watching that for me was quite a good update and info dump.

Dunno I just found it informative and he seemed to be pretty switched on a d a good talker.  Never heard him speak before I don't think 

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

If all comms is going to be a 30 or 40 minute video then after this initial flourish I may be happy to go back to the silence, deafening or not.

This is true. Albeit I've enjoyed the info this week on the two videos we don't need, and I'm sure wouldn't get, that every week. Unless we get a a CEO who fancies the sound of his/her own voice...

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I didn't mind the video. Not sure what it told us. He spoke well and looked confident enough though.

Can't help but think this all disappears the moment he's out the door. 

We complain about lack of communication. Always. Then we get the CEO and Chairman giving almost an hour combined explaining their thinking and strategy behind the video and the search for new investment which the club certainly could benefit from. 

Honestly I find criticism of all of this baffling. It seems to me to be the easiest approach to take. It is lazy and it is not novel in any way shape or form. I imagine all the fans who criticise would do such a better job……not. The video could have been better in some respects but largely it has done the job it was intended to do in terms of creating awareness and discussion. 

It seems our video has made its way into the realms of Taylor Swift twitter with some fan account with about 250k followers all talking about it 😂 Most of the comments aren’t particularly positive, but some followers seems to refer to her as ‘Mother’ and appear delighted that forms part of our name. 

Didn’t have a MFC X Taylor crossover on my 2024 bingo card, that’s for sure. 

11 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

This fucking season man. Really scunnered for Slattery if that's true. Homophobia aside, always a player I've really liked.

I highly rate him tbh. Gutting if true. Especially with his contract up in the summer. 

13 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I highly rate him tbh. Gutting if true. Especially with his contract up in the summer. 

Aye there's some games where he's trying everything and nothing comes off for him but others where you can tell why folk thought he'd be an England International one day. 

Hadn't really thought about the contract thing. Sometimes can end up with them hanging about longer because of a lack of offers but reckon that's probably contingent on whether they already wanted away or not.

1 hour ago, dezz said:

It seems our video has made its way into the realms of Taylor Swift twitter with some fan account with about 250k followers all talking about it 😂 Most of the comments aren’t particularly positive, but some followers seems to refer to her as ‘Mother’ and appear delighted that forms part of our name. 

Didn’t have a MFC X Taylor crossover on my 2024 bingo card, that’s for sure. 

Patrick Mahomes and his really irritating wife already own a club in the States, this might be Kelce and Swift's chance to do the same.

7 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Quite strong rumours doing the rounds that Slattery has a very serious injury that could see him out for up to a year. 

Not good at all if these rumours are correct. He started the season on absolute fire, but I felt his game has been a bit off a bit last couple of months. Not alone in that respect I guess.

I would still take an out of sorts Slattery in the team than some of the other options available. I say other. At this rate (like Arbroath) we will be putting on our sub goalie ! 

Miller was supposed to be out for minimum 3 months which iirc takes us into February. Possibly means a start for Maguire in the cup game at least.

Shame about Slattery - don't want to hear about anyone getting a long term injury. 

Interesting dilemma for the club and him if it's a 9-12 month job.

Would I have been hugely bothered if he left end of season? Not particularly.

Would I have been happy had he stayed? Yes.

Would he have been looking to move on? Probably.

We could offer him a new deal to see him through the injury but it would defintley have to be a deal to 2026 you'd think to see sole of that good will 'paid back' to the club. He does well on return maybe he moves in that summer. If not, we have a decent player for a season 

Edited by eliphas

We paid a fee for Slattery right? 

He hasn’t quite kicked on unfortunately after a promising start to this season. Blooming shame for him if he is out long term. 

Would insurance money cover his wages so we can get a replacement? I don’t know how those things work.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Record reporting we're going to offer Lamie another PCA.

Looks like we're finally taking him off your hands permanently. Maybe.

The longest running saga in football is finally resolved.

The worlds media can return to Mbappe to Real Madrid once more.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Record reporting we're going to offer Lamie another PCA.

Looks like we're finally taking him off your hands permanently. Maybe.

I’ll always associate Lamie with making error after error in the first half of that covid season where we seemed to give away a thousand penalties. I just couldn’t fully take to him or Bevis after that. 

He seems to have done ok for Dundee so good luck to him.

Edited by Gianfranco