Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Imagine no' having access to P&B for the whole of Transfer Deadline Day, coming home and seeing 10 pages worth of new chat, settling down to read...Motherwell and Killie fans having a pissing contest about player wages and staff budgets!

🙈🤷‍♂️😖

36 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Imagine no' having access to P&B for the whole of Transfer Deadline Day, coming home and seeing 10 pages worth of new chat, settling down to read...Motherwell and Killie fans having a pissing contest about player wages and staff budgets!

🙈🤷‍♂️😖

They started it 😉.

Almost miss the St Mirren fans all over our thread……..almost…..

2 hours ago, boozyBJ said:

Gotta love ITK fans who can claim they know the budget of all football clubs. Truth is nobody knows but the clubs themselves. 

To be fair you can via annual accounts work out (roughly) the employment budget of (most) Scottish top flight clubs. 

From that you can then work out the wages to turnover ratio. 

PwC used to do annual reports on the top flight clubs but that seems to have stopped. 

There also used to be a Twitter account (or similar) who used to do great comparisons. 

Getting down to what each player actually earns only the clubs, agents and players will know. The contracts for many of these top players will be highly lucrative for all manner of reasons - including appearances, time on pitch, goals/assists/clean sheets, win/draw bonuses, league position, cups, etc etc.

But basically anyone saying I’m ITK player X is earning £xxxx per week knows fcuk all. 😂 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's said we are looking at a striker and defender but we are now short at back due to suspensions and injury so i think it's more likely to be a defender. 

We also have Vassell, Watkins, Cameron, Stewart, Kennedy, Armstrong etc, so not like we are light up top.

Suspensions, injuries, and you have The Bair to contend with at the weekend. 

I pity you Killie fans. 

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Assuming the KVV chat has substance, you'd have to assume if we can match what Killie and St Mirren have offered, we'd be his preferred move? 

This is it for me, I would be very surprised if the club aren't at the very least matching what Killie and St Mirren are offering. And if they are, he is surely going to favour a move back to us over either of them.

1 minute ago, Big John Handsome said:

If he goes to Killie or St Mirren  and we haven't made an effort to bring him back I will never forgive the club.

Bit ott...he hasn't played since November, Groningen says he's out of shape. If he goes to either of them and is shite, it costs them money and a chance at Europe. If he comes to us and is shite, depending on what we do or don't do, we could get relegated.

KVV is a different gamble to other options for sure but he's still a gamble and we certainly shouldn't be going mental on it.