Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'm not surprised by the Murray thing tbh.

Robinson's been clear that he's looking to add pace up front and wants someone in who can stretch defences. I think it's fair to say that we'll be after 2 strikers in this window and at least one of them will fit that description. Equally Murray's in the age bracket we seem to target and seems like he's on the fringes of the Hibs side so is potentially expendable.

Paying £50k for someone with zero discernible footballing ability and whose only redeeming quality is that he runs about a lot and shows a bit of effort? Not for me. In fact, get that idea straight to f**k please.

You can have Miles Storey for £25k :angel

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You lot have apparently signed Aaron McGowan of Morecambe. A young right back who Morecambe fans are raging about losing.

He signed for the big team in Lanarkshire. 

59 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

"Some reason" = the only strikers Hibs have under contract for next season are Murray and Shaw.

They won't sell / loan Murray until they sign another striker (hopefully Kamberi).

Aye, but he’s pish. 

19 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Aye, but he’s pish. 

True, but it would be beyond stupid to go into Europe with Oli Shaw as the only striker available. Which is what would happen if they sold Murray and the deal(s) coming in fell through or took a bit longer than expected to complete.

Just caught up. 

THREE teams saying Simon Murray can get to f**k, and an Accies fan trying to act smug because they signed a jobber from Morecambe. 

Enjoyed that.

Interesting it’s a centre back. Replacement for Kipre if we’re cashing in? If not, I guess that rules out any return for Tom Aldred which is a bit of a shame.

6 minutes ago, dezz said:

Interesting it’s a centre back. Replacement for Kipre if we’re cashing in? If not, I guess that rules out any return for Tom Aldred which is a bit of a shame.

4 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Guess that means Aldred isn’t coming back.

According to Wiki Donnelly can also play at right back?

I've just always assumed that Kipre will be off at some point and as soon as he goes and we free up his wages Aldred would be brought back in to replace him.

Edited by Ron Aldo

5 minutes ago, dezz said:

Wyscout suggests he's played more on the right than the centre. 

A quick look suggests reasonably quick, looks comfortable using both feet, cool!

Wyscout suggests he's played more on the right than the centre. 
A quick look suggests reasonably quick, looks comfortable using both feet, cool!

Ah right, fair enough.

Possibly competing with Tait for RWB then. Wonder if this means Cadden will move back into midfield then.

I hope we’re still after a left sided player too. Dickie Tait has done a grand job but I’d prefer him back on the right.

Robbo will sort it all I’m sure.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

Ah right, fair enough.

Possibly competing with Tait for RWB then. Wonder if this means Cadden will move back into midfield then.

I hope we’re still after a left sided player too. Dickie Tait has done a grand job but I’d prefer him back on the right.

Robbo will sort it all I’m sure.

I was thinking about it, and I'm not entirely sure I'm bothered where Tait ends up. He's so capable with both feet cutting back one way or another is fine going forward.

Cadden out of wing-back seems the obvious thing to do, but I presume with Donnelly, with a back 3 we get the best of both worlds if he plays on the right of the three, or as the wing-back.