Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

34 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

We've obviously struggled through a lot of this season but even when we won under Alexander it was horrendous. I hated watching us throughout that time. The worst football I've ever seen us play.

I wouldn't say struggled its been marked by us mostly being handicapped by being a soft goal down within 25mins and then chasing the game to get a point at best.

The performances against Livi where Lennon got his red, Aberdeen at FP and Ross County away were chronic though.

This ironically could be very reminiscent of Alexander getting us into Europe. He had 31 points on Boxing Day from memory then we flatlined. SK could end up with a no win run (albeit lots of draws) and creeping into the top 6 on GM33 mainly because the cinch below 3rd is bonkers.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

It’s always annoyed me at Fir Park that the scoreboard just stops at 45 and 90 minutes instead of keeping going into added on time. 

The ones at Ibrox used to stop at 45 & 90, particularly the latter and play raged on until they (usually through McCoist) got the winner.

Casey is taking this whole free hit thing a bit too literally. Been fun though.

Vale is a real pest, and with spittal and Bair we will have a few more chances on the counter attack, but we definitely are not going to keep a clean sheet, they're getting through with vanilla balls over the top, and at some point they aren't going to pass it straight to kelly.

Only caught a dodgy stream of this but from what I could see there was absolutely no chance that was a penalty.  Someone please tell me I'm wrong and that it was a clear and obvious error overturned correctly by VAR ? 

3 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Only caught a dodgy stream of this but from what I could see there was absolutely no chance that was a penalty.  Someone please tell me I'm wrong and that it was a clear and obvious error overturned correctly by VAR ? 

Did not think so at first. But one angle clearly shows SODs did not get the ball. He had no need to go to ground.

Meanwhile Kelly comes for a cross. No where near it. Lucky to get away with that.

We have got ourselves into excellent positions on the edge of the Rangers box. With a wee bit more composure we should have another goal or two. 

Will no doubt end up 2-1 🤷‍♂️