Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The chase for 6th is between 3 teams, St Mirren and Killie are unassailable before the league splits.

We're in the worst position but today is a major confidence boost which if we use and channel last seasons spring run I think take us to game 33 and still be in the hunt. They both play Sevco so on paper, a dead rubber ....... (still smiling at this). I can see Hibs getting 9 from 15 so we need to win all 4 games which is a massive ask but we're on the road only once. Dundee face Aberdeen twice which based on Warnock could be a slam dunk 6 points.

Hibs 34 points:

1. Ross County (A)
  2. Livi (H)
  3. Sevco (A)
  4. St Johnstone (H)
  5. Us (Fir Park)

Dundee 33 points:

1. Aberdeen (H)
  2. Sevco (H)
  3. St Johnstone (A)
  4. Us (H)
  5. Aberdeen (A)

Us 32 points:

1. Aberdeen (H)
  2. St Mirren (H)
  3. Dundee (A)
  4. Hibs (H)

Edited by Vietnam91

10 hours ago, eliphas said:

Yeah I did get the reference - if it was fully tongue in cheek and not a sideways dig then fair dos @thisGRAEME

I hate that we've had weeks of actual quite serious chat so that some of my posts look serious.

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Mugabi MOTM today. A rock in the middle.

Never in doubt. Fuckin told all of you, again.

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Mugabi MOTM today. A rock in the middle.

Which was why it was annoying to see him moved out to RCB during the game last week, these past 6 days could have been even better.

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is this the weirdest Motherwell season ever?

It's very funny to think of all the actually good Motherwell teams and players that did not win at Ibrox.

Then Theo Bair and his mates do.

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It's very funny to think of all the actually good Motherwell teams and players that did not win at Ibrox.

I proper chuckled at this for some reason.

Andy Halliday- thank you.

18 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Theres Rangers fans on Twitter suggesting they sign Liam Kelly in the Summer.

47 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is this the weirdest Motherwell season ever?

No, 2002/3 with an OF double plus six v Hearts (!) and Livingston and finishing 12th regardless will never be beaten.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

45 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Bair was brilliant today but he was a couple of decisions on the break from being legendary-game never bettered etc immense. He's still a mile off our striking legends in overall contribution ofc but as an example of playing your role to perfection he was basically one stupid shot and one delayed pass from being textbook perfect.

He went to Ibrox today and absolutely dollied Rangers, and even Coyne, Higdon, Moult etc only hit that level v the OF a few times in their career for us... clearly he's been good for a couple of months but two months and a week ago he was still universally regarded as shit. Craigan was basically laughing at him on the radio in the last game v Rangers. 

The suggestion was we're paying him peanuts because St J are also effectively paying him/paid him off. Extend his deal now and bump him accordingly.

It's not quite an exact comparison but I get heavy Paul Lambert vibes from him in the sense we played him in a role (reasonably well tbf) then he won the Champions League a season later in a different fucking position. I appreciate circumstances, situation, yada yada different but St J must look at Bair and ask how the f**k we got no indication of this.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres Rangers fans on Twitter suggesting they sign Liam Kelly in the Summer.

That would be hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It's not quite an exact comparison but I get heavy Paul Lambert vibes from him in the sense we played him in a role (reasonably well tbf) then he won the Champions League a season later in a different fucking position. I appreciate circumstances, situation, yada yada different but St J must look at Bair and ask how the f**k we got no indication of this.

Maybe the City Group would now be interested in investing to get him on the cheap.

Edited by Vietnam91

I found out the result after emerging from an ice cave in the middle of Iceland this afternoon and assumed I had entered some alternate dimension. Class.