Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, Desp said:

As ever, I'm sincerely hoping that this is the transfer window where Tenacious Tam Scobbie finally signs on the dotted line at Fir Park.

Centre half, Left wing-back, holding midfielder.  The boy has got everything in his locker. 

Make it happen.

He also has goalkeeping experience. See 4:05 onwards for evidence of this - 

Since our CEO has just become a father for the 1st time may explain why his thoughts were elsewhere. Good news and good luck to them both. 

That siad he really ought to get his priorities in order ! 

Strip reveal and midfielder announced......honestly.

We've signed ATS lads. That'll be our 'wide' player. http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/06/19/aaron-taylor-sinclair-is-signing-number-four/

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair is the latest addition to the Motherwell squad for the 2018/19 season.

The left back has joined up with Stephen Robinson’s side after leaving Plymouth Argyle at the end of last campaign.

Taylor-Sinclair is best known for his previous spell in Scotland with Partick Thistle, with his standout performances bringing him to the attentions of a number of top clubs, and to the brink of a Scotland call-up, before Wigan Athletic won the fight for his signature in 2014.

“The manager got in touch with me early, straight after the season finished.” said the 27-year-old, who has signed a one-year deal.

“When that happens, you feel wanted as a player. I’m delighted to come here.”

Taylor-Sinclair moved from Wigan to Doncaster Rovers in 2015, making over 50 appearances before switching to Plymouth Argyle.

Under former ‘Well player Derek Adams, the Scotsman played a further 29 games but says he’s heading back to the Ladbrokes Premiership looking to nail down a regular starting berth.

“I just want to get games under my belt and get going,” he added. “The manager has put his trust in me and I want to perform.”

Taylor-Sinclair will wear the number three jersey in 2018/19. He will join up with his new team mates when they return to pre-season training on Wednesday.

“We’re delighted to have secured Aaron’s services,” manager Stephen Robinson added.

“He has an excellent pedigree, both here in the top flight and at a good level in England. His style of play fits perfectly into how we try to approach the game and we’re looking forward to working with him.”

Edited by capt_oats

Happy with that.

We desperately needed someone for that left wing back role and from what I remember of him from his days at Firhill, he seems like he could be an ideal fit for us and our style of play.

Strange that this was announced before the 99.9% done midfielder, do we reckon that ones hit a bit of a snag then?

Doncaster fans seem to legit hate him. Plymouth fans seemed quite surprised he'd been released.

Most obvious point is that it means Frear as a wing-back is no more and as Swello says Tait should be back to right back/wing back. On the face of it he's 6ft 2 and a natural full back/wing back. I know he had that injury where his leg pretty much fell apart but he managed 29 appearances for Plymouth last season so that's something I suppose. He seems a pretty athletic sort so I'd imagine getting up and down the park should suit him.

I did wonder whether we'd be in for him after he was released by Plymouth. Our need for a left sided option along with his availability and physical attributes seemed a pretty good fit.

Edited by capt_oats

9 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Happy with that.

We desperately needed someone for that left wing back role and from what I remember of him from his days at Firhill, he seems like he could be an ideal fit for us and our style of play.

Strange that this was announced before the 99.9% done midfielder, do we reckon that ones hit a bit of a snag then?

Flow saying "very soon" on twitter - make of that what you will...

This is @capt_oats version of my Tam Scobbie saga.  Oor Captain has been singing the praises of ATS for at least the last six transfer windows.  The big man will be raising a glass tonight to this signing. 

I see ATS has got the No3 shirt - That's not handed about too often. I think since I started watching us, that's only been worn by Boyd, McKinnon, McMillan & Hammell - anyone I'm forgetting in that time span?

Just now, Swello said:

I see ATS has got the No3 shirt - That's not handed about too often. I think since I started watching us, that's only been worn by Boyd, McKinnon, McMillan & Hammell - anyone I'm forgetting in that time span?

Stephen Hendrie.

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

This is @capt_oats version of my Tam Scobbie saga.  Oor Captain has been singing the praises of ATS for at least the last six transfer windows.  The big man will be raising a glass tonight to this signing. 

giphy.gif

Just now, Swello said:

M8...

maxresdefault.jpg

On 5/16/2016 at 12:55, Fuctifano said:

I wonder if Motherwell (or any other Prem club looking for a left back) would be interested in our ex player Aaron Taylor- Sinclair, who’s had a fairly poor 2 years in England, first year played one game in the league cup with Wigan, season just finished relegated with Doncaster- he might still fancy another crack at it down South but if he was coming up the road then I’d imagine he’ll be well sought after despite the last 2 years.

Took your fucking time lads