Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Cannae whack overreacting at half time and then looking quite the fool.

I would’ve left at 2-0, and certainly after the penalty miss. Serves me right.

Football’s not really for me anymore I think. 

Edit: Ah, I didn’t know the goal was from the rebound! I just seen we missed a penalty.

Edited by Allroy for Prez

5 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Emotions is what it's all about.

2 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

For the best i was unable to post when the ball went through Kelly from the corner.

Even Bair was pish one minute and a hero the next. Best left as a shout and not posted.

Midfield was rank. Almost the same problem as we had at Livi. Davor and Halliday were far too slow on the ball and Theo was isolated. Good changes from Ketts. But I had seen enough after 45 minutes too.

2 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Ricki Lamie has the opportunity to do something very funny next week.

I think that's one laugh I (we?) could do without 😂

(Assuming you're talking about binning the PCA again)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 hour ago, MikeyWellFan said:

I’m not sure whether a team that went 15 games without a win making the top 6 reflects well on us or badly on everyone else.

Probably the latter.

I genuinely remembered it as 19 league games (half a season) without a win, need to go back to the fixture list.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

I genuinely remembered it as 19 league games (half a season) without a win, need to go back to the fixture list.

If we end on the same points as Dundee then Dundee would have had just as bad a season as us.  

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

This is not meant at you in particular (you just happened to prompt my thought) but despite losing only a handful of league games since the County debacle (deservedly to two of the top three, harshly to Celtic and Aberdeen), I've found the vitriol from some at some of our performances totally incomprehensible in relation to what was actually happening. It seems clear SK still hasn't been forgiven for autumn to December and it's really colouring things in a way which, well, leaves folk open to looking foolish.

Against Livingston, Aberdeen, St Mirren and now Dundee, there was shrieking angst like we were in Livingston's position. Of course we were frustrating as hell in these games but basically we've been the definition of a lower mid table side whether losing in them or winning.

Even at 2-0 down today, ignoring the drama, the balance of play and chances were clearly in our favour. We'd have kicked ourselves for losing ofc but the moaning, the sack Kettlewell chat etc, was miles off what we'd actually watched.

Clearly the win defines the narrative today but Dundee made what, three or four chances and Kelly chucked a corner in. We on the other hand lost count...never mind Bair spurining a hat-trick, Vale could have had three or four, Halliday was close, Spittal missed a great chance...as much as we love a comeback, on another day we crush that 4-1 and it was cocktails for the last 15 minutes.

As I repeat a lot...we are not as good as some think when doing well, we are nowhere near as bad as some think when not.

Edited by Handsome_Devil
Fixing autocorrect

The league table is based on the whole season, and if we have the 6th most points by next Saturday evening we totally deserve our spot in the top six. It would have been nice to have our good results sprinkled more evenly across the season, but good on our Board for not panicking.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can only shake my head at some of the replies to that and the follow up tweet. Not the ones posting the 50+1 stuff...the others. Brain dead.

Edited by eliphas

Halliday hasn’t impressed the past two games.

I hope Moses is on the same project plan as Theo, score on your debut against Dundee, look a bit awkward, become a superstar.

Spittal has had a couple of ordinary games since his news broke.

Theo should have had a hat trick, in fact 4 given he took a penalty,

Gents reaction to the rebound was great, good goal.

No excuses for Kelly,

Worth the trip.

On 01/08/2023 at 12:39, PerthSaints said:

Thread-Bair more like....and that is just his "Goal For" column 😆

On 01/08/2023 at 13:08, RandomGuy. said:

He'll become a cult hero but only because of how bad he is.

On 01/08/2023 at 13:29, GHF-23 said:

Bair to be a big nuisance and score 6 league goals while no St Johnstone striker betters 5 it is then

Close, but no cigar...

image.png.fb769b9d4dff456f467bd7bc7b89dedc.png

image.png.1404bb023715ba686d7480af1f89d791.png