Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 hours ago, Swello said:

Our support are the most hype resistant of any club in the league IMO - 4 decades of finishing in every position other than 1st is going to do that I guess. I think a cup run is honestly the only thing that gets us going (and even then, we've been in plenty of losing finals in the recent past). 

We can finish 10th or we can finish 2nd and our crowds don't change - it's almost impressive.

That's called loyalty. Look at the attendance for the "Follow, follow" (who don't do walking away) mob for their last two games at Castle Greyskull.

28 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Doesn't surprise me that O'Donnell is back because the club seem to always do the easiest thing. Someone would actually have to do a bit of solid recruitment it O'Donnell left. Less work if you just re-sign the guys you have. Even if they were part of an awful defence and made a lot of really poor individual errors last season.

This isn't quite as bad as when we re-signed Nathan McGinley but it is close imo.

See, I don't mind the SOD signing. It's not bad IMO, but I do get the "club seem to always do the easiest thing" thing since they seem to have tried to resign the whole gang of them. That's not cool IMO.

16 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

So was Stevie Cowan and that didn't work out too badly.

You're right but Slattery will never be worth a million pounds like Cowan or was that Turkish lira.

47 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

So was Stevie Cowan and that didn't work out too badly.

He’s fat, he’s round, he’s worth a million pound Stevie Cowan? 

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

:lol: Has Ian Murray been so rattled by Random Motherwell Fan linking us to Easton incessantly that he's dropped him for the last few months, lost the playoff, then ended up re-signing him anyway?

51 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: Has Ian Murray been so rattled by Random Motherwell Fan linking us to Easton incessantly that he's dropped him for the last few months, lost the playoff, then ended up re-signing him anyway?

#massive

3 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

According to the internet we’ve had a bid for some Irish right back knocked back by Dundalk.

@Cloontang mentioned it yesterday. Scott Burns had Tweeted about it.

The Irish press are running the story at the moment and all I can say is that in a way I admire the chutzpah with the "offer" we're reported to have made.

Screenshot2024-06-04at11_45_35.thumb.png.d1b9a4c8f14e10f3d2da5d08363f2c87.png

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/dundalk-knock-back-motherwell-bid-32951767

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The Irish press are running the story at the moment and all I can say is that in a way I admire the chutzpah with the "offer" we're reported to have made.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/dundalk-knock-back-motherwell-bid-32951767

No mention of ginger bottles 

59 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Could we offer you one slightly soiled Ross Tierney?

I imagine it's a case of either we offer Dundalk some potential future income to get him in now or we sign him on a precontract for January and they get nothing.

Given that Tierney was billed as one of the best players in the league, I'd not be against saving the strips and bags of balls this time round and waiting 6 months 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Are- Are we the Newcastle???

1 minute ago, camer0n_mcd said:

That's Alan Nixon reporting the Balmer rumour that was mentioned on here a few pages back.

I’d imagine Motherwell have a clear run at him. St Mirren were definitely interested earlier in the window but opted to go for Shaun Rooney as an alternative.

14 minutes ago, SS77 said:

I’d imagine Motherwell have a clear run at him. St Mirren were definitely interested earlier in the window but opted to go for Shaun Rooney as an alternative.

Balmer rejected you weeks ago, Rooney has nothing to do it with and plays in a different position.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Balmer rejected you weeks ago, Rooney has nothing to do it with and plays in a different position.

We were looking at Balmer to play right wing back. Us signing Rooney put an end to any interest.