Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

17 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

If we were to get anywhere near a million quid for Theo Bair after signing him on a free to be the 4th choice striker it would have to rank very high in the list of our best ever signings.

I'd probably distinguish best signings from best bits of business. We'd really have to see him next season to see if its the former, if he goes this summer which is looking more and more likely and if its 7 figures then he would be in the mix for the latter.

4 hours ago, DeadStar said:

Heard from my neighbours aunties dug that we were in for Robby McCrorie from Rangers, thoughts?

I think he's shite.

17 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Daily Record are reporting that Rangers will ask for 500k plus add-ons for him.

So that's certainly not going to happen.

For a 26 year old keeper who has 1 year on his contract and hasn't played more than a handful of games in the last 3 years.

Absolutely no chance.

If he was a free transfer I still wouldn't be completely happy because I didn't think he was that good when he had his wee spell with Livi.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

For a 26 year old keeper who has 1 year on his contract and hasn't played more than a handful of games in the last 3 years.

Absolutely no chance.

If he was a free transfer I still wouldn't be completely happy because I didn't think he was that good when he had his wee spell with Livi.

He was awful with us, a majority of Livi fans think he's utterly shite (which he is!)

Not seen enough of mccrorie to have a real opinion but Kofi will turn into a nightmare - we'll score from one of his throws on the opening day and spend the next 37 games launching it into the box from halfway trying for a repeat...

7 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

If Theo moves for £1m to Germany the St Johnstone get £5000 in solidarity payments

@RandomGuy. Theo just keeps on giving.

He earned us a couple of million by "missing" that penalty on the final day.

Once a Saint, always a Saint 😍

12 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Sone Bundesliga mob in for Bair apparently.

The same article saying that he's been dubbed the "Canadian Messi" by Motherwell fans, can't say I've heard that one before but you learn something new every day.

Would be a strange move if he came to St Pauli. Wouldn't be against it but not sure how he would fit in to the tactics at all. 

31 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Outraged at “hipsters choice” St Pauli

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Would be a strange move if he came to St Pauli. 

Laughing heartily as these back to back post tbqh. 

"Came to St Pauli", from a balding middle aged man from Ayr called Derek.

12 hours ago, DeadStar said:

Heard from my neighbours aunties dug that we were in for Robby McCrorie from Rangers, thoughts?

If people thought Liam Kelly was a tough watch then, my word, are they in for a long season. 

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Laughing heartily as these back to back post tbqh. 

"Came to St Pauli", from a balding middle aged man from Ayr called Derek.

Yes I think he would be an odd addition to the football team that I support.  Your list needs work though 3/5 :lol:

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Swello said:

absolutely shat myself there when I read the first bit and saw the picture :lol:

Stand down - it's an end of season review...

I know there are probably engagement reasons or something but I find it bizarre we're putting quite so much effort into reviewing a season that even the generous among us judged as 'job done, move on'. 

Keeps us ticking over, I suppose, but the gripe about judging the timing of the 'content' - which is clearly written to generate reactions like yours - seems likely to come up while we're in a holding pattern on the more serious stuff.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

43 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I know there are probably engagement reasons or something but I find it bizarre we're putting quite so much effort into reviewing a season that even the generous among us judged as 'job done, move on'. 

Keeps us ticking over, I suppose, but the gripe about judging the timing of the 'content' - which is clearly written to generate reactions like yours - seems likely to come up while we're in a holding pattern on the more serious stuff.

Was just about to say the same; although it's the kind of shit some fans love so I guess there's that. Not for me, but hey ho.

I'm sure oor Erik is enjoying the #content whilst making plans for his own 👀