Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Fed up hearing constant sniping  towards TWS.

Remember, TWS was formed as financial protection to Motherwell FC and The Major Shareholder.                     

To those attacking them as a means to this take over, is mind boggling. 

Let's pull the reins on all of this. Wait until "all information" is made available and make educated responses prior to any voting. 

IMO if this is a 100% serious bid for the greater good of MFC, Eric Barmack will meet with TWS and present full plans to take this forward collectively. 

It will only work if collectively agreed

Let's see what develops in the coming weeks. 

Edited by Well Fan

On 20/06/2024 at 14:00, eliphas said:

Oh yeah, I know, but the inference was it would be held back until after any vote is completed due to dark arts being in play.

There are some "Dark Arts" at play here. A few days ago, I emailed the WS with the following questions:

1. Was the WS informed about the Malmaison meeting in Glasgow with Erik, club employees and exec board members, and why the Chairman didn't attend?

2. Erik said he got only 5 hours' notice of the WS statement opposing his bid. When was the statement sent to him, and when did he acknowledge receipt?

3. Erik received minutes of the May 20th WS Board meeting on May 22nd, sent by the former Co-Chairman. When did all WS Board members receive these minutes?

The reasons for these questions was pretty simple. Did it tie in with what I was told? All of this points to a level of amateur subterfuge all because the outgoing Chairman has decided fan ownership no longer works for him.

1. Erik visited and engaged in a successful Q&A interview on Wednesday April 10th, still available on the BBC site. He had a lunch meeting scheduled with the board in Glasgow on Friday.

On Wednesday evening, after the BBC story was published, Erik messaged me saying Jim was really unhappy because Erik didn't mention him in the interview, only referencing the WS. Jim was so upset he refused to meet on the Friday. Erik tried to get the journalist to alter the interview to fix this.

Douglas tried to mediate, but the chairman still didn't meet Erik on Friday, which was embarrassing. Douglas later told the WS Board that McMahon missed the meeting due to illness, contradicting his duty to faithfully inform the WS board.

2. Last week, Erik mentioned he got 5 hours' notice of the WS statement, however he received it 12 hours prior and acknowledge receipt 26 minutes later. Being in the Pacific time zone isn't a disqualifier alone, but it raises concerns about logistics of a new chairman in a -8 GMT time zone.   He claimed he was surprised at the intensity of its contents … on to point 3.

3. The CEO gave an interview on YouTube after the mammoth WS board 4.5-hour meeting on May 20th.

Erik informed me on May 23rd that he believed the board vote is 5-4, referencing minutes received from Douglas on May 22nd.

I then asked “if it turns out the WS Board vote is a 6-3 or 7-2, you’d still push for a vote?” he answered “If it’s 5 or 4 are against then people should vote”. Well it was 6 against, so Erik accepts they don’t have to advance it.

The WS board have confirmed they all received the minutes on the morning of Friday the 24th and requested they reviewed before dissemination. Erik got them 2 days before the WS board thanks to the actions of, the now resigned, WS co-chairman.

Working in concert with others to the detriment of the body you lead is not dark arts, it's definitely morally questionable and shitty.

21 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

On Wednesday evening, after the BBC story was published, Erik messaged me saying Jim was really unhappy because Erik didn't mention him in the interview, only referencing the WS. Jim was so upset he refused to meet on the Friday. Erik tried to get the journalist to alter the interview to fix this.

Deary me 😂😂

(Ps, Great work again @Vietnam91

Edited by MurrayWell

Fair play to you @Vietnam91. Digging out some good info. For the avoidance of doubt, I don't mind when dark arts are called out with info to back it up. But the vast majority of people on here and elsewhere don't have the connections you seem to have so it's a shot in the dark to cast people as good and some as bad. 

I may be completely ignorant to who you are in 'real life' but how do you know so much and why was Barmack speaking to you personally through this also? I'm just being nosey TBF. So you dont need to answer that!

Edited by eliphas

@Vietnam91

An honest articulate person with no agenda other than the best interests of our collective football team. 

Total respect Vietnam91. 

You know my thoughts. Enlighten those who want to see 🙏

Edited by Well Fan

Erik and I started speaking in late February, about the time when he started following lots of people who tended to post and engage the club mostly on Twitter. Over the months he sounded me out on various aspects, along with many others. I told him things that many would find objectionable, namely his valuation, the WS loan write off and WS contributing matched funding. I asked him if he felt my views were an outlier and he told me they were at odds to a lot of the people he spoke to. All the way through I asked him to be mindful of the supporters and do the right thing. That is why I am particularly annoyed at this offer.

When he was here we met for dinner (I paid), he met Derek Watson who took him to a 10km run club he organises followed by lunch and Sean Ballie who took him to the Heritage Centre and walked him through the town (past all the pound shop discounters and boarded up shops). After all this his plan was still to ask the people of this area for more money and pay 60k if we wanted him out in 2 years time to cover his costs (now 30k). So far the new WS board have been tied up with this for 6 months, sapping their energy and ability to implement their plans to improve the club. Three people (I wasn't party to the full extent as the other two) who had strong reservations at the time of his visit met, engaged and took time with him while the club chairman sat with a petted lip because he didn't get a mention.

I don't know "much", hence why I had to get what I was told confirmed or not by one of the other parties, in this case it was the WS board which they did.

If it's important for you to know who I am in the real world a quick google search will tell you.

Edited by Vietnam91

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

If it's important for you to know who I am in the real world a quick google search will tell you.

I edited my original post while you were writing your reply there. Really just to clarify all I'm being is nosey and you didn't need to answer that bit. I do like the context though so cheers.

As mentioned before - appreciate the unearthing you are doing. 

1 hour ago, Vietnam91 said:

Erik visited and engaged in a successful Q&A interview on Wednesday April 10th, still available on the BBC site. He had a lunch meeting scheduled with the board in Glasgow on Friday.

Douglas tried to mediate, but the chairman still didn't meet Erik on Friday, which was embarrassing. Douglas later told the WS Board that McMahon missed the meeting due to illness, contradicting his duty to faithfully inform the WS board.

Sad Animation GIF by Holler Studios

40 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

engaged and took time with him while the club chairman sat with a petted lip because he didn't get a mention.

1 hour ago, Vietnam91 said:

Honest to fck, if all true what a sad, pathetic individual. Hopefully he goes asap and isn't able to cause any long lasting damage to the club and the WS in the mean time.

45 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Erik and I started speaking in late February, about the time when he started following lots of people who tended to post and engage the club mostly on Twitter. Over the months he sounded me out on various aspects, along with many others. I told him things that many would find objectionable, namely his valuation, the WS loan write off and WS contributing matched funding. I asked him if he felt my views were an outlier and he told me they were at odds to a lot of the people he spoke to. All the way through I asked him to be mindful of the supporters and do the right thing. That is why I am particularly annoyed at this offer.

When he was here we met for dinner (I paid), he met Derek Watson who took him to a 10km run club he organises followed by lunch and Sean Ballie who took him to the Heritage Centre and walked him through the town (past all the pound shop discounters and boarded up shops). After all this his plan was still to ask the people of this area for more money and pay 60k if we wanted him out in 2 years time to cover his costs (now 30k). So far the new WS board have been tied up with this for 6 months, sapping their energy and ability to implement their plans to improve the club. Three people (I wasn't party to the full extent as the other two) who had strong reservations at the time of his visit met, engaged and took time with him while the club chairman sat with a petted lip because he didn't get a mention.

I don't know "much", hence why I had to get what I was told confirmed or not by one of the other parties, in this case it was the WS board which they did.

This whole thing stinks.

Appreciate your work mate.

Once again need to mention how batshit crazy this all is.

The chairman of a professional football club stomping his feet, taking the huff and refusing to go to a meeting because he wasn't mentioned in an interview.

The quicker he's out the door, the better.

16 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Once again need to mention how batshit crazy this all is.

The chairman of a professional football club stomping his feet, taking the huff and refusing to go to a meeting because he wasn't mentioned in an interview.

The quicker he's out the door, the better.

All About Me Miniatures GIF by Best in Miniature

Whatever Erik's plans & intentions are, or aren't, you can't help but feel a little bit sorry and embarrassed on his behalf for having to deal with what appears to be one or more incompetent charlatans on the Board.

The fact that, despite all this, Erik still hasn't told us to stuff our club up our arses implies that he expects those aforementioned plans & intentions to somehow make him an absolute f**k-ton of money.

For info, with a view to relevant research, I watched the first two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham last night.  The boy that I don’t know has realised that TV money (£300k) isn’t enough to make a difference and he needs movie money.

54 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

This whole thing stinks.

Appreciate your work mate.

I can only assume the reason this whole thing hasn't been covered on the Terrace is due to the combo of you all being at the Euros and eh, how the hell do you condense this into a half hour podcast?

ETA: There is probably enough here for Wild Sheep to make a mockumentary about the absolute woeful incompetence of the bowling club blazers at our club no matter the outcome of any future votes.

Edited by MP_MFC